Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Credit Transfer. Advice

Options
  • 05-12-2006 4:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭

I've had an M.B.N.A. Credit Card for a few years, but I've recently applied for a Bank of Ireland card, as I use Banking 365, and it'll be more convienient to make repayments online, rather than through the Post Office. I also got a balance transfer rate of 2.9% apr.
    So far, I've received my new PIN no. but on checking my M.B.N.A. balance, it still hasn't been zero'd. How long does this take on average?
    When I get my BoI card, I want to cancel my old card, as I don't want to have two credit cards. How do I go about canceling the M.B.N.A. card, and can I expect any extra charges? Or do I just ring up, cut the card in half and forget about it? Any info appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It really depends. Give MBNA a call though, and ask.

As for the cancellation, they may require you to write them a letter, but again they can confirm that for you. Also make sure you get a letter from them so you don't end up paying two lots of €40 stamp duty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Thanks. All advice welcome.

Advertisement