Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend smells. [slightly graphic, may offend]

Options
  • 05-12-2006 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi, my last girlfriend didnt smell at all. i never got a single bad smell from any part of her in all the years we were going out. i also am a smell-free man for the most part. or at least once i havent been playing sports.

i recently enough started going out with a girl and things have been going well enough. unfortunately, when it comes to getting down to it, i'm always a bit nervous because you see, she smells absolutely terrible in the nether regions.

it's not a slight whiff as with some other girls, it genuinely smells like poo. it does vary from unbearable to just bearable sometimes so i'm wondering if it has something to do with cleaning herself. i know i might be jumping the gun but i also was worried it might be something i could catch.

is there anything that can be done? or do i just have to put up and shut up?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Maybe suggest sharing a bath/shower before getting down to it next time & mention how you love when she's looking all sparkly clean & smelling fresh & lovely?
    Or be blunt & ask when she last showered :D I'd try the bath idea first though ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I suggest what miamee says

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

You have to just say it. I have a guy here in work who was disgusting. He never washed, and the BO was ridiculous, we all tried subtle hints, but he never got them. He was a public facing member of staff too, and the public were always aware of the humm. So, one day, I just said it to him, and he's been clean ever since.

When I say 'just say it', I mean it in the nicest possible manner though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Sometimes some strong feedback is motivating enough for someone to make their whole life better.

Do it with love.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

miamee wrote:
    Maybe suggest sharing a bath/shower before getting down to it next time & mention how you love when she's looking all sparkly clean & smelling fresh & lovely?
    Or be blunt & ask when she last showered :D I'd try the bath idea first though ;)
    Suggest that you shower together as part of the foreplay...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

she smells of poo?

thats not on, i couldnt go along with that, dont know how you've managed to say nothing about it yet?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

ned78 wrote:
    You have to just say it. I have a guy here in work who was disgusting. He never washed, and the BO was ridiculous, we all tried subtle hints, but he never got them. He was a public facing member of staff too, and the public were always aware of the humm. So, one day, I just said it to him, and he's been clean ever since.

When I say 'just say it', I mean it in the nicest possible manner though ;)

pity that didnt work for me, apparently my boss is allergic to soap/deodrant!

to the OP - dont put up and shut up with it anyway, thats one thing for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 filthygorgeous

OP - Does she enjoy going down on you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dirtyboy

maybe your girlfriend is hinting taht she wants some watersports fun and wants you to hose her down! seriously though man its fairly vile-cleanliness and nice shaving down below is essential. tell her straight out its unacceptable in a relationship and she wouldn't want to go down on a filthy knob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

OP - Does she enjoy going down on you?

What's that got to do with anything?

Suggest having a bath together.

Treat her to some nice smelly cleaning stuff, that way she'll use them and might not smell so bad anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I'd say something like, "You know, I have heard that if you eat strawberries (or whatever) that you will taste and smells like strawberries down there...., dunno bout you, but I love strawberries... what do you reckon, wanna give it a try?"

So, you have just been flirty, and fun, and also brought to her attention that the taste and smell of ones nether regions are something that require some effort and attention.
    She might not go chomping on strawberries all day, but something might click with her with regard to taking care of herself.

P.S You could always buy some flavoured body lotion and tell her you absolutely love the way she tastes and smells down there when she is wearing it!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭carpenoctem

Actually, if it were me, I'd prefer my boyfriend to just tell me, and tell me as soon as possible.

Of course, I wouldn't want him to say "You smell like s**t" or something, but just in a nice manner let me know. I WOULD advice being careful as a lot of girls have issues with thinking they're smelly down there. But I mean if it actually smells that bad it doesn't sound very healthy to me (least ways not if she showers every day), so by telling her you might actually do her a favour as it might be something that should actually be seen by a doctor?

The other reason I think you should tell her is that the risk is always that you evetually do tell her or that you break up and some other guy does (or it's noticable by other people and someone tells here while you are together). I dunno about other women but I would be really hurt if I found out that I smell and my boyfriend had just bit his lip and got on with it. I know everyone won't agree with this but the way I see it my boyfriend should want me to smell nice and look good, and not just say or do what he thinks I want him to.

Seriously, as I said, if noone tells her, she will never know, and the risk is that you either have to put up with it forever or that you'll eventually end up leaving her because of it. And that would be a shame since you obviosuly must care for here if you're still just getting on with it despite obviously finding it very unpleasant!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

You have to just tell her out straight. Forget about all this beating around the bush (ahem!) nonsense of eating strawberries and taking baths before you get down to your slapping bellies antics. She'll just think you're a bit tapped if you start dropping silly hints. If she doesn't know that she's got a bit of a funk going on downstairs already, a million subtle hints won't make any difference.

I remember being in college with this guy that absolutely stank. It started off as a joke between all the lads with everybody dropping little hints all the time but he never copped on to what everyone was getting at even when the joking started to get a bit nasty. In the end, we had to say something to the lecturer and he had a little word with the guy to sort out his BO problem.

Now I'm not saying that your gf's problem is that bad, I'm sure it's not. But it's just proving the point that sometimes people don't take the bait when you're dropping little hints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

Maybe she wipes from the rear forwards? It's one possible explanation. She needs to be told that the 3 sheets rule (one up, one down and one to polish) is a MYTH. She needs to get the technique correct and to keep going until she gets to the "riber" (i.e. the final piece of toilet paper used to wipe one's bottom which, once looked at, initiates the end of the bottom wiping process).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 lollipops

oh my god!tell her that due to the fact shes mingin u must check her undies for skiddies before you venture south or better still find a skid free, pleasently smelling girlfriend!!id go with option 2:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

If she really smells that bad, it could be down to some kind of infection, as opposed to just personal hygiene. So tell her, but just be careful how you word it! If it's particularly bad she must have noticed herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Maybe she wipes from the rear forwards? It's one possible explanation. She needs to be told that the 3 sheets rule (one up, one down and one to polish) is a MYTH. She needs to get the technique correct and to keep going until she gets to the "riber" (i.e. the final piece of toilet paper used to wipe one's bottom which, once looked at, initiates the end of the bottom wiping process).
    Thats just what I was thinking. If this is what she is doing and it is causing the problem then she has to be constantly suffering from thrush which isn't going to go unnoticed by her so I can't figure out what she hasn't wanted to do something about THAT at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Could you put Kandoo toilet wipes (or whatever is the adult version of moistened toilet paper) in the bathroom? Maybe she just doesn't wipe thoroughly enough and these could help. Does she change her undies every day? Buy her some new ones (all different) and tell her you'd love guessing which different pair she's wearing every day.

Tell her nicely but without hurting her feelings if possible. There's bound to be a few little things that niggle her about you so be prepared for possible fireworks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭judybaby

Well you obviously like her. If it was my guy I would just run a mile. I think the " lets have a bath" idea is the best way to approach this!

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

ok no offence but shes a complete MANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we girls know how we smell down there-Around the time of the month it gets worse and we know that-and we can smell it

A girl can get out of the bath and smell 2 hours later -the joys of being a woman!

But u say she smells like ****?She does smell it-She knows it -She is just unhygenic(spelled wrong) Honestly its gross-She either does not shower every day or she doesnt shower throughly-I always make sure i get everything when i wash-But this girl doesnt!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

This sounds like a poor personal hygiene issue? I workout strenuously almost every day, and I don't like me afterwards, so I always shower right after. If you care about her, you need to deal directly with this issue. It will be embarrassing, but someone has got to tell her. If she cannot handle it, then just perhaps it's time to move on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

dame wrote:
    Could you put Kandoo toilet wipes (or whatever is the adult version of moistened toilet paper) in the bathroom? Maybe she just doesn't wipe thoroughly enough and these could help. Does she change her undies every day? Buy her some new ones (all different) and tell her you'd love guessing which different pair she's wearing every day.

Tell her nicely but without hurting her feelings if possible. There's bound to be a few little things that niggle her about you so be prepared for possible fireworks!
    Women have to be careful about what kind of wipes they use as some can be way too harsh and upset the whole bacteria balance thingy. Canesten (which has to be a womans best friend really) do wipes and they are great but aren't a substitute for a good ol' wash. How can someone not change their underwear every single day? :confused: I'm heading off on holidays on Friday and will be gone for 6 days and will be taking along (and I'm sure most women are like this) 12 pairs of underwear with me, fresh pair in the morning then after shower before dinner another fresh pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Nip down the road to your local garage and give her a quick bash on one of them power hoses they have. That should solve the problem for a while!!!

Plus you will have a clean car at the end of it too DOUBLE WHAMMY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Dude this would be a total deal-breaker for me. There is no easy way to aproach this with her.

The best idea so far would have to be the bath together idea, asa you don't even have to mention the problem. Plus you can maybe see exactly what she does?

But ffs if there are any floaters you need to get the Hell out of there ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Bazzy, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If her vaginal area smells like faeces she has a serious problem. The vaginal area has a smell, but not an unpleasant one and any unpleasant smells are caused by infection or poor hygiene. There would really have to be a serious level of infection for the smell to be like faeces.

It is more likely her anal area smells of it, in which case, she is either not wiping properly as suggested by others, or has a leakage problem.
    It's more likely to be the former to be honest.

Regardless, she will be mortified to realise it, if she does not already. Tread carefully - the mutual bath is a great idea. If the smell persists, then you know it is not a hygiene issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks for the replies people. i'm very grateful

i dont think the bath or shower thing would work because college dorms arent really romantic or appropriate lol.

as well, oral sex isnt even an issue. i dont give or take oral sex cause i dont enjoy either.

the other thing is, theres no way i'd say it to her cause we're not even together a month and she's quite sensitive.

i'd be more likely to just cut my losses and break it off at this stage.

some of you said i obviously care about her, but i dont (any more then i should) at this stage. that just means i'm not at the stage where it would be painful if we broke up over this, we're just at the stage where things are begining to settle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I'm sorry but there is simply no excuse for anyone to smell "down there". She can't possibly be aware of it or she wouldn't be getting her kit off let along letting anyone near it.

I think this whole subtlety approach won't work, as previous posters have said, it rarely does.

I would put a spin on it, tell her you are really concerned that she may have thrush/an infection of some sort as you have noticed a pungent odour eminating from her lady garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Lol 'lady garden'. I love it :D

If that's the case, then you really should just leave it. No better time tbh.
    Just for God's sake don't start spreading rumours. The smallest comment to the wrong person is all it takes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

as well, oral sex isnt even an issue. i dont give or take oral sex cause i dont enjoy either.
    You don't even go down on her and you can still smell "poo"? That soooo doesn't sound right. You could maybe possibly understand if there was a smell while you were down around her "Lady Garden" as Miss Fluff so eloquently put it, but to get the smell just normally is just wrong imo.

Advertisement