Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just found a bag of foreign currency notes

Options
  • 04-12-2006 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭

Found it in the wardrobe. Got all sorts in it..

Australian Dollars
    German Marks
    Singapore Dollars
    French Francs
    Irish Punts
    Italian Lire

The Australian Dollars and Singapore Dollars I know I can change, but what about the others?
    I suppose I'm too late now. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

the central bank will take back the Irish punts.

as for the other euro countries, you should be able to exchange them, but it all depends on how much money you found :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Blackjack

fintan wrote:
    as for the other euro countries, you should be able to exchange them, but it all depends on how much money you found :)

Not sure about that - I'm pretty sure that the Irish Central Bank was the only one not to place a timeframe by when the old currency could be converted to Euro. For the rest, I believe they had dates by which you had to present the old currency, otherwise it became worthless.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not sure about that - I'm pretty sure that the Irish Central Bank was the only one not to place a timeframe by when the old currency could be converted to Euro. For the rest, I believe they had dates by which you had to present the old currency, otherwise it became worthless.
    simply wrong and poor feedback,

found myself in a similar situation last year, the time has passed for euro notes to be exchanged by the Irish Central Bank, but you can mail them to their respective central banks and you will get monies back in the post, worked for me for France and Spain, about €300 worth between them, check out centralbank.ie, notes and coins sections for addresses of the respective central banks

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement