Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

left behind

Options
  • 04-12-2006 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

i feel like im left behind out of most of my class mates! nearly all the lads in my class have gotten oral sex and even sex! Me on the other hand have only met a girl and maybe felt her breast but thats all. I'm 16 years old and have only met 1 girl:mad: :( I was listening to some conversations in school and even the people i didnt expect to have sex or oral sex already have. I feel left out and im afraid if some of the lads ask me how far i went with a girl, they'll make fun of me with my answer. any suggestions anyone?

1 more thing, does anyone know what the term gobsmack means? i hear the lads saying it all the time and dunno what their talkin about.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

People say a lot of things, especially people of that age. Chances are many of them have never done either, but just said so to impress their friends. I wouldn't read too much into it if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

There's Lies, Damn Lies, and then Teenagers boasting about sex.

All should be taken with a pinch of salt - especially the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

"1. gobsmack

Completely dumbfounded, shocked. From the Irish word "gob" meaning "mouth"

3. gobsmack

Irish (possibly only Dublin, I'm not sure) slang meaning to kiss someone without warning.

Random onlooker: OMG! He just gobsmacked her! That looked painful"

Hmm... nothing sexual there. Maybe they just hit women?

Lads at 16 having sex is most likely bollix talk wishful thinkin. And if they are they're prob doing it with underage girls which in illegal. Having sex cos of peer pressure is the stupidest thing you can do. Just ignore them, or make something up yourself. Say you've done *insert made up word here* and see who goes "Oh yea... I do that ALL the time" Kids eh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

1 more thing, does anyone know what the term gobsmack means? i hear the lads saying it all the time and dunno what their talkin about.
    Unless there is some new-fangled meaning, it means surprised.

Edit: darned new-fangled meanings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Gobsmacking: slapping a person on/in/arround the mouth with the penis.
    Crappy p0rn strikes again.

You are still in school, so how old are you ?

Have you took the time into looking into the dangers and responsiblity that comes with have sex ?
    Do that and you will have plenty of knowledge to flaunt to the lads.

You don't have to tell them how much hands on experience you have,
    retorts like those that do don't need to brag about it or nah didn't get any at the weekend yore ma wasn't putting out is all the response they deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They're most likely making it up, don't worry! Most of my friends (male and female) were in their late teens (17-19) before they lost their virginities or got much action at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

probably the same kids who claim they can lift 70kg's. (not an impossible feat in itself but this is coming from a 17 year old kid who could be knocked over with a fart)
    My bro comes home with stories like this every day, I wouldnt take many of them too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

How likely do you think it is that they're telling the truth? Not very, I'd say.

They're more likely than not just young lads bragging and exaggerating. And how aware are they about the dangers of STDs and pregnancy?

Just take your time and don't worry. Your sexual development will come along just fine without worrying about how you compare to other people.

Advertisement