Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Can Album is your favourite?

Options
  • 04-12-2006 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

Well? I can't for the life of me decide between Tago Mago and Future Days :rolleyes:

Favourite Can Album 10 votes

Tago Mago
    0%
    Soundtracks
    70%
    treefingersJohnMr RiversThousandLeavesdamonjewelDominoDubRothko 7 votes
    Future Days
    0%
    Ege Bamyasi
    20%
    Lunar JunkieDennis the Stone 2 votes
    Monster Movie
    10%
    Colonel Kurtz 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Colonel Kurtz

Monster Movie
    Ege Bamyasi.....with Tago Mago a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Soundtracks
    Tago Mago (was thrilled when I got Damo Suzuki to sign my copy) with Ege Bamyasi and Soundtracks on neck and neck behind it. Great band, everyone should be listening to them. The sheer energy of the music is incredible, I wish I had a time machine to get to Cologne back in the day to see them live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Where'd you meet him? ATP?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Soundtracks
    The Speigeltent down by the docks when he played with The Jimmy Cake. I met him in Crawdaddy the year before too, he's a very approachable fellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Ah right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

Ege Bamyasi
    Future Days and Ege Bamyasi are the ones I'd most enjoy listening to the whole way through (Future Days is particularly nice for that blissed out vibe).. Tago Mago is 2/3rds incredible (Halleluwah - what a trip!) but I'd rarely be in the mood to put myself through 'Aumgn' or 'Peking O'.. I really wish I'd been able to make that Damo Suzuki show but stupid college got in the way.. hope he comes back someday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Ege Bamyasi
    John wrote:
    Tago Mago (was thrilled when I got Damo Suzuki to sign my copy)

sweet! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Soundtracks
    Since this thread was started I've gotten Tago Mago and love it! Top notch recommendation from ye :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Soundtracks
    The first half of Tago Mago is sublime. With Hallelujah as the the greatest thing ever recorded in my opinion. The second half is really wierd AAAUuuuuummmggggnnnn!

Monster movie is second though, When I first heard Do Right (my first taste of CAN) I was blown away

Advertisement