Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer in 2007 after one year

Options
  • 04-12-2006 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi

Im currently doing a computer networking course and in my first year ( not in UL by the way ). However Im not happy with where I am..

I want to transfer into LM083 in sept 2007 but admissions are saying I cant unless I finish my course here but that means another year here which I cannot hack!!

So basically Im stuck somewhere I dont wanna be.. is this true? no other way to get into the course in UL ? dont say CAO! I dont meet the requirments for the course in UL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If you don't meet the entry requirements, the only way to get in is to finish some sort of level 6/7 programme, which is probably along the lines of what admissions were trying to get at

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

great.. stuck here in hell for another year :mad:

thanks for d help... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I got this from the SAA website:

A Student can apply for an internal transfer provided the following criteria are met.

1. The student has been a current student for one semester
    2. The receiving College or Department offers places under the Internal transfer mechanism
    3. The student has attained the CAO points for the course he/she wishes to transfer into.

If a Student does not have the required CAO points, the students CAO points must be within 20 points of the required CAO points and the students QCA must be 2.70 or greater with no deficient grades. Point 1 & 2 must also be adhered to.

So, despite the fact that you didn't meet the requirements you could possibly transfer if your QCA is high enough. Point 2 is important though, LM083 might not allow internal transfers. I suggest finding out who is head of that course and asking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The OP isn't currently in UL. Internal transfer doesn't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Sorry, I missed that for some reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement