Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperation...

Options
  • 04-12-2006 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Another of Stephen Kings novels turned into a film, and Desperation really could have been some great source material to work with. Sadly it's a straight to TV adaption, so its potential is limited, but on casual flicking it still appears relatively watchable to me, with some of the scenes, although cheap, reenacted perfectly from the book
    The Sheriff with pens stuck in his eyes, the murder of Peter, the whole introduction and setting of the jail cells, etc
    - will watch it later on, and report back, just thought King fans and horror fans in general might want a heads up.

Pity it isn't a proper effort but as they say, better then nothing. At least, I hope.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Read the book years ago and enjoyed it, probably not a favorite novel of mine but good nonetheless, it will be interesting to see what they do with it but at the same time not exactly optimistic as most of the Stephen King book to movie transitions were fairly bad (the same can be said for book to movie translations in general ... i'm looking at you Hannibal).

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

This had been out for a while.. i think its in the list for the movie swap i put up. Really enjoyed the book a few years ago ... 700 pages i think, got through em in 3 days. Its actuall alright..... the ending of the movies is a bit....... but overall its alright... not a patch on the book though, it was great just to see a film of it. Had been saying it it would be a great film.. i think it was Mick Garris taht did it.

Advertisement