Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pub-Moot in Dublin

Options
  • 03-12-2006 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭

A new moot has been started:
    dublinpubmoot.jpg
    An informal social evening in central Dublin for anyone interested in Earth Based Spirituality, held on the first Thursday of every month at:

T.P. Smiths
    9/10 Jervis St.
    Dublin 1.

From 8pm onwards.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

TP smyths is a cool place. Fairly busy though, I wouldnt imagine it being very private. But then who needs privacy when youre just having a few drinks and a chat with some new freinds!

Might make it to this one, I only work around the corner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Jesjes wrote:
    I wouldnt imagine it being very private. But then who needs privacy when youre just having a few drinks and a chat with some new freinds!
    Yes, I gather they're going for a much less formal set-up than the An Fainné moots have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Matthew Hopkins

between this, The regular moot and Pagans in the Pub our pagan social Diarys will be full to the brim well done, its about time folks started meeting in person instead of in cyber spacePagansinthepub1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Don't forget the witches round table meetings....

Well with the college pagan socs and the ammount of visitors to the country and those moving to work here
    I am sure that dublin is big enough for a few differing events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

Thaedydal wrote:
    Don't forget the witches round table meetings....

Im not sure If Im allowed to say this, but I feel it is important to warn people that the aforementioned event is run by a person of questionable standing within the community. It is important that people always make sure they have some idea of what they are going to attend and it is helpful to have the advice those whos opinion you know and trust before attending such things.

Does anyone know who is facilitating the new one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok I'm very interested in getting involved and meeting more people with interests in earth based spirituality but now i'm just getting confused!?

I was planning on going to the Pagans in the Pub but how many of these things are there? And as Scorplett has mentioned that one of these meets is run by a person of questionable standing within the community I'd love a bit of info on what exactly these gatherings involve?

scorplett wrote:
    Im not sure If Im allowed to say this, but I feel it is important to warn people that the aforementioned event is run by a person of questionable standing within the community.
    I take it you're talking about the Witches Round Table (since about 3 events are "aforementioned" in this thread). I don't think anyone goes anyway.
    scorplett wrote:
    Does anyone know who is facilitating the new one?
    Two honourable people in good standing.

Pagans in the Pub has been running from september.

The pub moot is holding it's first meeting this thursday.

Why should there be only one flvour of ice cream 6th ?,
    you will prolly find different people at either of these two events.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

IceCream?! If i'd known there was Ice Cream I'd have gone ages ago.

Cheers for clearing it up.

6th..... thats not what I ment.....Nevermind.

/me makes a note to bring choclate with her to the next event she attends and maybe a ball gag for if she sees 6th there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

but were in smiths? upstairs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 willostar

hey i was wondering if i could get some info on the pub moots ?
    as i dont know anyone pagan minded im interested in meeting some people

willx:)

Where are you based? If your in Dublin your in luck!
    As mentioned in this thread before there are three public events in the Dublin area. An Fainne, Pagans in the Pub and The Dublin Pub Moot.
    An Fainne and The Dublin Pub Moot are run once a month. Pagans in the Pub is every two weeks.
    An Fainne is in the teachers club on parnell square the 2nd Thursday of every month.
    The Dublin Pub Moot is in TP smiths jervis street the first Thursday of every month
    Pagans in the pub is every second Wednesday and you should e-mail pagansinthepub@gmail.com for details as they may be subject to change.

All in all a good selection, you are sure to find plenty of good people at all the moots.
    There are other moots and gatherings around Ireland also. Roscommon, Galway, Ennis Wexford and Cork that I know of anyway...

that great yeah im in dublin
    so can you tell me how to join the moot in tps ?
    as i dont just wanna turn up

thank you so much

willx

Moots of any description are informal in nature. The idea would be that you just turn up. The guys in TP Smiths meet upstairs and I think they keep a copy of the flyer as shown in the first post of this thread on the table so that you know who they are. If you want to make contact in advance, the various moots have websites, bebo pages and my space pages. Details are in the threads here and elsewhere in the Paganism forum.

hey sorry me again
    sorry for all the questions guys ...

are people at these moots very welcoming ( if thats the way to put it )
    for someone just walk up to the table univited i mean ?

just me maybe ?

will

Yes. The whole point is that these are low-pressure events. You don't have to do or be anything other than treat other people there with reasonable respect.

While obviously some people will be meeting people they know and haven't seen for a while, moots are very welcoming to newcomers.

willostar wrote:
    hey sorry me again
    sorry for all the questions guys ...

are people at these moots very welcoming ( if thats the way to put it )
    for someone just walk up to the table univited i mean ?

just me maybe ?

will
    Seriously, anyone who runs a moot is doing it so that people can feel welcome and can just walk up to the table...Well at least thats the way I run things:)
    If we advertise such things surley thats invite enough no?
    I have never been to the TP smiths event myself, but I have met the people who run it and they are very nice friendly people.

If you're feeling really nervous PM me and I'll put you in touch with the organisers, but really that people can just turn up is exactly the idea.

that would be great if you could do that .i really wanna make sure its what im looking for .

thank you

will

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

Hi Folks, are the two pub moots still going ? Are there any moots this december ?

Pagans in the pub is still running every second thursday.
    We are changing venue and from this coming Thursday we will be in the bar of the Mont Clare hotel, there is an alcove to the left as you come in the main bar door and people will be there from 8:30pm onwards.

pagansinthepub@gmail.com is the contact address.

Advertisement