Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boi

Options
  • 03-12-2006 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭

I was recently reccommended to move to bank of ireland. I was wondering what aspect of there service(s) makes them better than anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

As a BOI customer I would think twice about.

I dont like there customer service and they are very tight when it comes to loan applications. Speaking about loans, they recommend that my gf change a personal loan and join her car loan into it and spread the repayments over five years as this would reduce the loan repayments.

1000e being repaid for 1 yrs

13000e being paid over 4 yrs

into one loan for 5 yrs.

I was mad as this is bad financial advise, but good for the bank. As an accountant all they where interested in was the interest.

They also had a car loan offer on. 6.5% on car loans over 20k over 5 yrs.

If worked out cheaper to take out a 3 year loan @ 9% apr than they re offer.

There is no free banking unless you have 500e or more in a current account or use the online banking more than three times a month.

Ulster Bank would be my fav at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I agree they can be tight around overdrafts/personal loans, though if you know the branch manager, your normally ok :)

AFIAK You only need to use internet banking twice or three times per quarter. i use it to pay bills etc to get free banking.

Their customer service aren't qualified financial advisors, and therefore you can't constitute that as financial advise, cos they are doing it on an informed choice basis, rather than advise. I don't mind them offering mad/stupid loan proposals, they have their sales targets to hit at the end of the day. But in some cases, people wouldn't care if they paid more interest in the long run if it meant they had more at the end of every week/month

Advertisement