Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I Messed Things Up?

Options
  • 02-12-2006 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Ok - in short I really like this guy but he had a girlfriend. While he had a girlfriend we flirted and even spent a night together just cuddling and pecking. I get the impression there is something between us and he might feel it too. Now he has broken up with his girlfriend. We went out with a group of people the other night and I drunkenly said to a mate of his that he broke up with her for me and that he wanted to settle down but I didnt as he is 7 years older than me.

We were texting yesterday and it was all flirty but then obviously his mate told him what I said and he asked me was I aware of what I was saying? I totally have no recollection of saying that and don't even think it. I don't know why I said such a thing as I only know him a few weeks.

Anyway I rang him and he was like it's cool. I just said perhaps I had been joking and then made a joke of it as much as possible.

Have I totally ruined my chances with this guy as he probably thinks Im delussional!

Worried!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

its hard to say, tbh i dont think sayin that would realy deeter your chances with him like. I say just go now and find out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

barbeck23 wrote:
    Ok - in short I really like this guy but he had a girlfriend. While he had a girlfriend we flirted and even spent a night together just cuddling and pecking. I get the impression there is something between us and he might feel it too. Now he has broken up with his girlfriend. We went out with a group of people the other night and I drunkenly said to a mate of his that he broke up with her for me and that he wanted to settle down but I didnt as he is 7 years older than me.

We were texting yesterday and it was all flirty but then obviously his mate told him what I said and he asked me was I aware of what I was saying? I totally have no recollection of saying that and don't even think it. I don't know why I said such a thing as I only know him a few weeks.

Anyway I rang him and he was like it's cool. I just said perhaps I had been joking and then made a joke of it as much as possible.

Have I totally ruined my chances with this guy as he probably thinks Im delussional!

Worried!

Don't mention it again, don't get all clingy and needy and remember he is now on the rebound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ah could have been worse , you could have told the mate that you wanted to settle down, on hearing that id have run for the hills :-) , id say just keep things going as they are and let things develop between you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Cut the booze when you talk to or about this guy. You mentioned age to his mate, and he may feel that it's a barrier after you had said it? If you are still interested in him, well, keep trying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

barbeck23 wrote:
    I totally have no recollection of saying that and don't even think it.
    Maybe you didn't say it.

I remember feeling worried about something I was meant to have said in a particular pub during my student days (can't remember what it was I was meant to have said, but presumably it was bad in some important-at-the-time way) for a while before I then thought "hey, wait a minute, I wasn't actually in that pub at the time I was meant to have said that".

This was all before I learned to take anything I hear about myself from third-party sources as a source of humour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 murrayeel

barbeck23 wrote:

Worried!

if you like him so much then amend what you've said.;)

Advertisement