Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bacne

Options
  • 02-12-2006 3:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.
    First of all, I am not looking for medical advice. i am wondering about other users' experiences.

I have unsightly bacne on the upper half of my back.
    I would have thought that it remains because of my diet, but I eat pretty healthily(and variations in eating habits unaffect the severity of teh bacne). I have tried medicine(external solution containing benzium(?) that is commonly used to treat bacne. This did not affect it.

What clears it up is a few hours sunbathing in direct sunlight. Has anyone tried a Vitimen D supplement?

Any thoughts as to why it occurs? Solutions?

Thanks in advance.

p.S no wikipedia articles please(hate people that site).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Try dermalogica body washes and scrubs theyre slightly expensive but the best products ive tried for acne after years of spending a fortune trying to clear it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

I used to have pretty bad Bacne, went to my Gp and got put on By-Mycin I think it was called, anyway, I was taking them tablets for around 6 months, just recently off them and my Bacne is practically gone, aswell as facial spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I had a bit of it last winter but it has cleared up big time after the summer, wearing string tops and whatnot seemed to make a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

I started getting it at about 14, so bad I couldn't sleep as rolling over onto my back would wake me up. When it flared up every so often it could be quite sore. Have some scarring still from scratching at the spots. Was on oral antibiotics till I was 21 for it, the longer you are on them though the less they seem to help. Exposing the skin on your back does help a great deal though. Its stopped being so bad now, only get the odd spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

Diet, how you sleep, how often you change clothes, how often you wash. what soap you wash with, etc.... None of this honestly matters. I've seen people with perfect complexions eat **** all day everyday and I've also seen people with spots all over them eating very healthy and exercising and still having a crap complexion.

I tried all of these things and nothing never seemed to fully get rid of my 'bacne' or the spots I'd get on my face. I was taking a drug called vybramicn (no idea how to spell it) for about 6 years since I was 14. It never really fully got rid of my spots although I'd imagine it's the reason that I don't have nasty scars all over my face and back now.

Anyway, a few months ago I just got tired of having to take these pills everyday especially when I never really had clear skin.
    So I went to a dermatologist. He put me on Roaccutane (I honestly didn't think it was as bad as some people make it out to be. Chapped lips and a nose that could bleed a bit more easily, nothing too serious).
    I've just finished up the treatment and I literally don't have one spot or blemish on my body. My skin also seems a lot less sensitive after shaving now too.

GO TO A DERMATOLOGIST.

• Advertisement
Advertisement