Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dylan Moran - like him or loathe him?

Options
  • 02-12-2006 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭

Was a feckin' star on Jonathon Ross tonight! :D

But wanted to get a general consensus of what people think of him.. i myself never appreciated his stand-up until recently. Thought he was fantastic in Black Books.

But have watched a lot more of his stand-up recently and i really appreciate it now.. it's excellent. What makes it so funny i suppose is that stuff comes so out of left field.. you can never tell where his stories are going, where they'll end or whether what he just said for a punchline. Very ludicrous a lot of the time but very hilarious too!

So, do you like or loathe his comedy?

Dylan Moran 75 votes

Like him!
    0% 0 votes
    Meh!
    82% 62 votes
    Loathe him!
    12% 9 votes
    Atari "He's from Navan.. woot" Jaguar!
    5% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh.. and Dara Ó Briain is on next week's Jonathon Ross - he's always great in interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Dylan moran rules

saw him live (monster) at vickor st and again in some place called the water gate up north

love black books aswell have it on dvd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

He out-cooled the Ross, that's some achievement. Fantastic piece of tv, I laughed out loud.
    Is he another of the kNaaavan brigade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Elfish

Yeah he was v funny alright, took no **** from Ross either :)

Anyone notice that JR closed the interview by calling him Dylan RYAN??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

thought he said MoarAAn like they always do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Elfish

sounded like ryan to me - don't think I missed the M sound of moran...bbc feed maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

imo he is the funniest irish comedian at the moment, is he always pissed on stage or just he just come across that way. monster was so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

JR kept calling him Dylan Moe-ran :confused:

Anyway, he had in my stitches on the JR show - I wouldn't mind seeing one of his show.

And he did a new pilot recently
    "From the makers of Father Ted comes Too Much Too Young, a new sitcom about a pair of childhood sweethearts who beat the odds, and stayed together.

Angus and Shell started their family when they were just 18, but with daughter Kayleigh now on the cusp of adulthood they’re discovering a whole new world of stress and worry. Bringing up kids is tough enough at the best of times – just imagine trying it when you’ve still got a lot of growing up to do yourself.

Along with 12 year-old Callum (old beyond his years), and 7 year-old Maisie (weird beyond belief) Angus and Shell have plenty on their plate. And that’s before you factor in Angus’ stubborn refusal to let go of his youth, and Shell’s tentative curiosity about how different her life could’ve been.

Dylan Moran, star and creator of BAFTA-winning comedy Black Books, plays Angus. An award-winning stand-up and writer, Dylan’s acting credits include BBC1’s How Do You Want Me, and the films Notting Hill and Shaun of the Dead.

Maxine Peake, the acclaimed star of Shameless, Dinnerladies, and See No Evil: The Moors Murders, plays Shell.
    I wonder how it went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

I think he's brilliant, children are like drunken minature people! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Dylan Moran is great. Wish I'd seen him on J Ross - always enjoy his interviews.

Black Books is a genius sit-com.

How Do You Want Me? was pretty funny too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Never really liked him until I saw him doing a stand up show late one night, maybe somebody can tell me where it was, Ive seen it a few times since so it must be one of his finer attempts.

Really enjoyed it. Certainly amongst my mates he is under estimated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

That pilot he's done is also written by Paul Rose, aka Mr. Biffo, who is one of the funniest people alive. No lie.

That pilot description sounds dreadful though! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

2point4 Children Part Deux ? :p

SofaKing wrote:
    2point4 Children Part Deux ? :p
    With a bit of "My Family" thrown into the mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I think he's brilliant - I saw him do stand-up in the Olympia on my 14th birthday a good few years ago and ever since then I've been a big fan. Did anyone ever see 'How Do You Want Me', his short-lived but still decent sitcom on BBC2 a few years ago? Not quite Black Books, but still ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-y4P8Aoo2k
    Does anyone have the other routine he did at the comedy store where
    he went off on a tangent from being hungry to wanting to be a woman, sometimes, and could smuggle diamonds across a border to fund the operation?
    That was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Really love him - loved Black Books & went to see him before in Vicar Street which was a really hilarious show..
    Love Bill Bailey too, so Black Books was really my idea of class comedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Ah.. I'm sad that I missed that. he's soooo funny and smart and just Frasier-esquely intelligent and charming. I saw him on TV doing stand up and he was off his face talking about love and women, dunno if anyone knows that sketch? Was fuxn hilarious :D God I want his babies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB81wfAMtZU

Here's link to interview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I think he is good doing stand-up, but on the JR show found him to be a bit distant, he was hard work almost as if he doesnt like Ross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Worztron

He's my favorite living comedian.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

He's crap! I really just don't get his humor but I will say that the 'Children are little drunk people' excerpt is great. The rest though isn't anything to write home about. He's always seemed like a right arse to me. I think he's one of our poore r comedians. I've alwasy assumed that the sounding pissed thing was his act but, having seen him in standup once, I'm not so sure. I had to leave before the end of the show it was that bad. That being said, I'd originally been going to see Ben Elton and got my night's mixed up so I wasn't his target audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Zombie film actor in zombie thread shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

anybody see him lately or going to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Worztron

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    anybody see him lately or going to him?

The last full stand-up show from him seems to be Dylan Moran: Yeah, Yeah (2011).

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

9 year old thread. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement