Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass player!?

Options
  • 01-12-2006 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

2 peice prog/metal/ band in need of a bassplayer to complete things...

Our influences are vast covering everything really..

The band consists of myself on guitar & vocals and a drummer at the moment, both of us are completely dedicated.

As it stands we've got a 6 song set nearly finished, so want to be gigging come next month. And record an EP soon after.
    the music is simply that, - Music. we're completely anti ego, anti image and not in this for anything but to play music. we're against rockstars and guitar solos.

What would be ideal for us would be a bassist with a similar music taste and similar dedication, not looking for anyone amazingly talented in the conventional sense, just dedicated, some vocal ability would be great, wheter it be full on or backing vocals. (screaming, roaring, melodic, whatever)

As far as influences go... Our influences are pretty much life, life experiences and situations, past and present. Musically its hard to say what category we fall under or who we sound like... but heres some bands which we might be along the lines of ..

Isis, Pelican, Cult of Luna, Deftones, etc...

mixed with the likes of

36 Crazyfists, Isor, The Number 12 Looks Like You, Norma Jean, Vision of Disorder, etc...

to make....

I dont know, but I like it.

Comments

Advertisement