Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An alternative\trivial history

Options
  • 01-12-2006 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I am doing a photography project and I am themeing it around Irish History with an aim of showing seminal moments in irish history in a more abstract form and thus leaving them open to (re) intrepretation.

I want to produce about ten images and so started thinking of these lets say TOP 10 of Irish history.

I started of with events such as:
    Brian Boru
    Boyne
    Famine
    E.E.C
    The Pope in 79
    Viking landings in 740ad

But then I decided that was all a little academic for my tastes and you could find that kind of Irish history in any text book so I am now looking for a more personalised, even trivial look at huge changes in Irish society.

for example:
    Ray houghton in Stuttgart
    Rory Gallagher
    Eamon Casey

What I am looking from you historians\historyophiles is any other examples of small personal stories that changed the course of society.

Thanks for your time and hope what I am asking for makes sense.

Cheers.

Advertisement