Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quality speakers to run off a laptop computer

Options
  • 01-12-2006 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

I want to purchase some speakers to connect to my laptop computer. I have two and the sound is crap.

Maybe this is the wrong forum but can any of you suggest speakers that would provide good quality sound at an affordable price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Have a good browse around www.komplett.ie

You may be interested in these:
    http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=307397&view=detailed

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

Thanks Sparky. I had my eye on those funny enough but I was hoping to get something louder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

If you have a budget around 250 euros, I'd recommend Aego M Speaker Series and they should do the job more than enough. Plus they come in two choice of colours, black or white. Tiny and nicely design.

Dunno how they compare to others but works perfectly fine for my desktop ie. music listening n occasional DVD playback. :D Loud and detail.

And I got them delivered from OCUK. :p Pimping.

Mart

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruaneg

The Aegos are meant to be good if youre looking for a compact solution.

If portability size isnt an issue you could get a pair of hifi speakers for 50 euros and an old classic amp( or a sonic t-amp) for another 50 and youve a nice little system..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Exactly. One popular combination I saw a few times in people's home DJ setups was an Alesis RA150 and JBL Control 1's. Might be a bit too loud/powerful for what you're looking for, but the Control 1's are definitely worth it. Other than that, Wharfedale make some good stuff at good prices - the Xaurus range comes to mind.

As for an amp, check out eBay - anything from the likes of NAD, Rotel, Marantz is built like a tank and will probably do the trick. I recently got a TOA BA823 stereo business music amplifier/music centre for a secondary zone on my system and it works great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement