Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uh oh!!!

Options
  • 01-12-2006 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Not really too sure what I am trying to say here. I've been best friends with someone for years now and there’s never been anything romantic involved and its always been a bit of a laugh. We never run out of conversation and never ever fight. We drink till we cant see and spend most of our days together. My worry comes from the fact that over the past few weeks I've noticed that I've started to get mildly upset when my friend goes off and scores with someone. This has never been a problem in the past. Over the past week I have know that my friend has sleep with two different people and I feel a little heart broken. I know that nothing will ever happen between us, lets face it if it was it would have by now! I'm just worried that my feelings will get in the way of our friendship and it’s definitely something I would be devastated without! HELP!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Cad2do? wrote:
    Over the past week I have know that my friend has sleep with two different people and I feel a little heart broken. I know that nothing will ever happen between us, lets face it if it was it would have by now!!

Not true you know. There is no real time limit on when a friendship turns to something else.
    Your feelings towards your friend are more then just friendship, otherwise you'd be happy for them and not upset that they are seeing someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

My delicious bf, who I'm absolutely crazy about, was my best friend for 8 years before anything happened between us!

Likewise, for a long time we never felt anything romantic between us, but now we're just amazing together!

There's no time limit, trust me!!
    If we'd have thought that, where'd we be now?
    Instead, we're busy planning the rest of our lives together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭ats

BoozyBabe wrote:

got to agree wit ya, was friends for years and then one day it just happened married a few years now. what i think makes it even more great is the friendship before hand. you know that person as a person first then as a lover not teh other way around.

Time means nothing in these things the only real question is how does your friend feel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

I say just ask her out or spend the next few years wondering what if. If the friendship is as good as you say it is, you'll both get over it if it doesnt work out.

K-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭letterman

stick with it, not sure of the ages involved here, but make sure your mate is being safe, etc.

Friendship like this can last but are you sure you want to tell your friend how you feel yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Oh for gods sake ask

Just ask , it may go well it may be a bleeding disaster. But everyone gets over it...

I asked a good friend of mine, she said it was not what she wanted it was awkard for a while and its fine now

Your mateship will turn into torture if you dont deal with this.

Everytime he/she scores you will have your heart ripped out with a spoon. Worse a true mate would get over an awkard conversation dont leave this till your hammered and you hop her/him on a night out. But I have to say I feel for you its a bad place to be. If all else fails say this to her

"If I asked you out would you say yes?"

If she says no

"Best I dont ask then"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Sounds like a "Gem" song. No reference to genders.

Is it a boy/girl, boy/boy, girl/girl situation?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

BoozyBabe wrote:
    My delicious bf, who I'm absolutely crazy about, was my best friend for 8 years before anything happened between us!

Likewise, for a long time we never felt anything romantic between us, but now we're just amazing together!

There's no time limit, trust me!!
    If we'd have thought that, where'd we be now?

Agree with BoozyBabe. Ask them out if you are starting to feel this way about them.

Advertisement