Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jo in Fair City - Dermot's Wife

Options
  • 01-12-2006 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Why in the f--k does she say "lookit" every bloody sentence!?? I doubt that it's written into her script, so wouldn't you think, her being an actor and all, that she could eliminate her own annoying slangtalk and just read her lines as they were written. So annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its part of who she is ... annoying. Lots of people have things they always say, if we cut these things out of TV it would be less realistic.

Personally I hate how she says "Durmut".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

she is pretty nice looking though, her kinsale accent isnt too strong.
    yeah the way she says 'durmush' annoys me too, but most of the characters have there own catchphrases.....
    bob: in deep husky voice 'can i see you tonight'
    eunice: in very high pitched scream 'christy'
    malachy: in very boring voice 'im going to the shelter'
    myles: barely audiable 'tracy, tracy'
    tracy: flat dublin accent: 'ah heeeaar'
    domonic: in culchie/northern accent: 'kylie, kylie, im your dad'

the list goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

you mean 'lookish' and 'dermissssshhhhh'
    aah, so annoying. can't watch that dreadful programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

admiralgar wrote:
    she is pretty nice looking though

did you see all the junk in her trunk!?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

"Lookit"....yep, this has bugged the hell outta me for a while. I was thinking of starting a drinking game....drop a shot of aftershock every time she says "lookit" or "lookat" or whatever. Then at least I'd be drunk by the end of an episode!

Speaking of catchphrases, what about Tim's classic catchphrase - "Stay away from my wife!"
    Mario Rosenstock did a great Tim impression on Tubridy Tonight a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

yeah he does really good ones for gift grub...
    Yeah, Sylvester used to annoy me..

Advertisement