Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Football 1,2,3 December

Options
  • 30-11-2006 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

At first glance, Fulham look decent value at 3/1 away to Blackburn (widely available), given recent results. Maybe DNB Fulham? Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

3/1 is a good price but.....

Fulham have only won 1 game this season away from home an that was against Newcastle at the very start of the season.

Also only managed 4 Draws away from home.

DNB for Fulham is 15 - 8.

So, if I was backing them I think it would be the above wager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Mainz 05 V Stuttgart: Away win @ 10/11(Friday)
    Genoa V Juventus: Away win @ 4/5 (Friday)
    Partick V Queen Of The South: Home win @ 8/15
    Berwick V Elgin: Home win @ 2/5
    St.Gallen V FC Aarau: Home win @ 4/9

5 Wins will get 9.66/1

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭20LEgend

Double for me.....

Spurs +1 (6/5)

Arsenal are in poor form and can't seem to get wins at home. They have a big Champions League game coming up next week so there is a possibility of some players being rested for that game (even though this is a big derby game). Also Henry is a doubt, without him they will struggle to score.

Middlesboro +1 (11/8)

As a United fan its not nice to back against your side! But Middlesboro have a good record at home against big teams (they've beaten Chelsea at home, and drew with Liverpool this season and beat United 4-1 at the Riverside last season). Also United have a big Champions League game on Wednesday with may distract them.

Double @ 4.2/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Coventry City vs Stoke City

Coventry are unbeaten in 3 matches and in mid-table. They got a draw away to Preston on wednesday which was a grat result for them, but by all accounts they were lucky to get a draw.

Stoke city beat Cardiff on wednesday 3-0. The scoreline might flatter them but they have won there last 5. With West Brom and Cardiff being the big scalps.

The only inury doubt for Stoke is Liam lawerence. Coventry might welcome back striker Stern jon after he has missed the last few weeks.

3.05 for the Stoke win is good value i think. Draw no bet at 2.09 is what i am going for though.

Luton vs Preston

Preston let a value 3 points go when they drew with Preston on wednesday. A win would ofp ut them top after Cardiff lost. They cant afford that against Luton who are in a mess. Lost there last 7 straight league matches. Despite and great start to the season are now only 2 points above relegation and look in serious trouble.

Preston only played Luton a month ago and beat them 3-0 at home. Preston will want to win this to keep presure on the top.

Sean St ledger is the only doubt for Preston.

2.28 for preston is a very nice price.

Hull vs Southampton

Having stuck my mula on Southampton to win the championship e/w i have been rather worried that i wont be seeing that money ever again. Lately they seemed to of shown why alot of people thought they had a great chance to get promoted. 3 straight wins has them 7th and just outside of the top 6 on goal difference.

This week they face a Hull team who are second from bottom and are serious relegation trouble. Southampton should be full of confidence having turned over Birmingham 4-3 during the week.

Hull on the other hand havent won in 3 and have just come off a 5-1 hammering thanks to Colchester on tuesday.

Southampton @ 2.46 is a great price.

Lecister city vs Sheffield Wednesday

Wednesday have been doing excellent under there new gaffer. Only lost 1 in their last 8, that was away at coventry. In their last 2 matches they have drawn with Cardiff and they beat West Brom on tuesday. Not bad at all. It seems people are underestimating them quite a bit.

Lecister have lost their last 3 match and havent won since October 31st. concern over Lecister's captain Paddy McCarthy who had to be subbed off against Norwich, Wednesday will be without defense John Hills.

3.45 for Wednesday to win. I will go with draw no bet for 2.17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

can u do draw no bet in accumulator?.no?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

hawker27 wrote:
    can u do draw no bet in accumulator?.no?.

You sure can hawker.

If the team wins then happy days.

If they draw then the bet is taken off your coupon, if you had 4 teams you would now be left with a treble.

If your 'draw no bet' team loses then the whole coupon is fcuked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Berwick V Elgin: Home win @ 2/5

Have big money on these although I got 4/9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

thanks pighead never knew i could include this in my accumulator.

just waiting on ur weekend bet for tips :)

Pighead wrote:
    You sure can hawker.

If the team wins then happy days.

If they draw then the bet is taken off your coupon, if you had 4 teams you would now be left with a treble.

If your 'draw no bet' team loses then the whole coupon is fcuked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

My bet for the weekend with pp:

Everton v West Ham
    Everton @ 10 - 11

Reading v Bolton
    Bolton @ 17 - 10

Wigan Athletic v Liverpool
    Liverpool @ evens

Man City v Watford
    Man City @ 4 - 7

Middlesbrough v Man Utd
    Man Utd @ 8 - 15

Bet Type: Accumulator (5)
    Stake per Line: €2.00
    Number of Lines: 1
    Stake: €2.00
    Potential Returns: €49.68

Berwick V Elgin does anyone have a link where I might be able to hear the match? doubt it though because it's scottish divison 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

20LEgend wrote:
    Double for me.....

Spurs +1 (6/5)

Arsenal are in poor form and can't seem to get wins at home

True, but you seem to have failed to notice their unbeaten record at home this year. Betting on a derby is always dodgy though, form tends to go out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,377 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Celtic v Aberdeen; Celtic 1 - 4
    Le Mans v Lyon; Lyon 1 - 2
    Inter Milan v Siena; Inter Milan 1 - 6
    Parma v Palermo; Palermo evens

These are my bets for the weekend on a Trebles from 4 bet. if all come off get about 13 for 1 placed

~Rebel~ wrote:

These are my bets for the weekend on a Trebles from 4 bet. if all come off get about 13 for 1 placed

Your getting 13/1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭iwincosimcool

hi sarcy boards users, ive got 45 euro on arsenal to win 2-1 at 15/2, uncle keane will score cos hes cool like me, but the naughty gunners will be one bit too naughty for uncle jol and co (rofl to the extreme) i await your Sinicism and mega sarcy comments that will make me lol all night. ive also 2000 on ireland to win the 6 nations at 7/4. if you wanna be cool follow me and bet cos you know (It's hip to the extreme)

Berwick V Elgin does anyone have a link where I might be able to hear the match? doubt it though because it's scottish divison 3

why the fuko would u bet on that game? I hope it losses thats a mad thing to bet on, and you will be punished, oh yes you will infact im gonna take the away team on the handicap for laughs. brb xxx

fuk there only 13/8 +1, ill leave it! (props diaapointed with the odds to the extreme :() its a fact those cheesy Berwickians wont win

Well then do the +1 well see who is laughing.

do you? know were i can get better odds, i think Elgin are mega trendy and i wanna show my love and effection for them (non sexual). Ultimate kind regards in advance (omgroflx99) i think draw/blackburn looks good at 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Portsmouth v Aston Villa
    2nd of December 2006 3:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Draw @ 11 - 5
    Reading v Bolton
    Win-Draw-Win
    Draw @ 11 - 5
    Sheff Utd v Charlton
    Win-Draw-Win
    Draw @ 11 - 5
    Wigan Athletic v Liverpool
    Win-Draw-Win
    Draw @ 9 - 4
    Middlesbrough v Man Utd
    2nd of December 2006 5:15pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Man Utd @ 8 - 15

Bet Type: Accumulator (5)
    Stake per Line: €10.00
    Stake: €10.00
    Tax: 0.0
    Potential Returns: €1,632.94

as you can see above ,i fancy a few draws,

good luck all

berwick will deffo win whoever they are, and so will celtic even though i dont know nothing abiut what im doing here. This returns 462.22 . ive 20 on a draw.blackburn at4/1 im proper gonna win the world cup!

Event Info: Inter Milan v Siena, Italian Serie A

Market: 90 Min Result
    Inter Milan @ 1/5

Event Info: Berwick v Elgin, Scottish Division Three

Berwick @ 4/9

Event Info: Celtic v Aberdeen, Scottish Premier League

Celtic @ 1/3

Bet Type: Treble (To Win)

Stake Per Line: €200.00

Stake: €200.00

Bet Placed at: 22:59 01/12/2006

Receipt Number: O/0148462/0000047

GOOD LUCK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

~Rebel~ wrote:

I assume you left out a few teams? :confused:

I think I'll take Celtic -1.5 tomorrow at 2.22. They're due a huge performance and Strachan isn't happy with just winning. I can see a big win for Celtic tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Macclesfield V Hartlepool @11/8: Pighead got his fingers burnt last week betting against Macclesfield but I'm willing to take them on again due to the freak injuries they've amassed this week.

Last week their goalkeeper and striker were both carried off with broken legs and then to make things worse a defender broke his leg in training during the week. 3 broken legs in a week! Poor incey must be pulling his hair out.

Hartlepool are a massive 20 points ahead of Macclesfield in the league and come off the back of 2 impressive league victories against Accrington and Wycombe.

Kilmarnock V Dunfermline @ 8/15: Dunferminline have lost 3 of their last 4 away matches and are missing 5 1st teamers today through injury. Stephen Kenny has a big job on his hands. Kilmarnock have won this fixture 5 out of the last 6 times (Including a 4-0 victory last season). Their last 8 games read W4 D1 L3 the draw was against Hibs and 2 of the losses were against Celtic and Rangers. Thats very decent form.

Scunthorpe V Wrexham @ 2/5: FA cup match here which the home team should win.Scunthorpe have won 6 and drawn 3 of their last 9 games. A cracking run of form which has lifted them up to 2nd in League 1. Wrexham lie a divsion below and have W3 D1 and L5 of their past 9. They're also missing a few 1st team players in Juan Urgate,Tom Craddock,Lee Mcevilly & Neil Roberts.

Bochum V Hamburg(DNB)@4/5 : There have been signs that Hamburg are coming back to a bit of form lately after their disastrous start to the season. In there last 4 matches they've drawn 2 and Lost 2. Those 2 losses came against Arsenal and Bayern, they led in both matches, Bayern needed 2 late goals to see them off last week. Bochum are in the relegation zone also and Hamburg know they need a win here before the Christmas break. Bochum have the worst defence in the league shipping 28 goals in just 14 games. I'm pretty sure Hamburg won't lose this and I reckon taking the 4/5(DNB)is worth a chance.

Saturdays Accumulator:
    30 Points: Hartlepool, Kilmarnock, Scunthorpe, Hamburg(DNB) @7.64/1

10 Points: Wolves@11/8, ArsenalHT-FT@9/5, Liverpool(DNB)@4/9, St Pauli@ 8/11, Kauto Star@4/7= 25/1

Good Luck To All!

its a fact those cheesy Berwickians wont win

Oh really...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Nice one Pighead, unfortunately, I was gone off on my travels by the time you added your second bet (fortunately, I only took Soton from your first bet!!). Edit (My apologies, Chucky, Soton were your pick!!)
    Well done too Joe, though that picture you've provided could be any docket amended!! Not that I don't trust you, as you were quite emphatic that Berwick would be backed heavily (and we know that for you that's somewhat different than for many of the rest of us:) ).

Why would they even take that bet? Boyles was it?

Why? I guess because there a bookies and want to try make money + there like over 2/1 I guess there willing too risk 2,000 for 4,500 I knew though it would be easy win. That's over six grand I won though in the last ten days when the woman rang the main office I heard the one on the phone saying is that the guy who placed the large bet the other day.

Large bet.. I dont really think it's that large though to be honest.

Yep boyles everywhere else they were 2/5 wouldn't of took them odds + PP wouldn't take a bet for 4,500 boyles do. Oh sorry if showing boyles on a bet isnt allowed just my camera on phone wouldnt show the bet if I did it up close.

Sorry 7,500 im up the last last two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Sorry 7,500 im up the last last two weeks.

What are you sorry about?

Large bet.. I dont really think it's that large though to be honest.
    In fairness Joe, it's a large bet by any stretch of the imagination, no need for bravado:D Especially for Boyles's to take, last figures I saw showed they weren't overly profitable, as a matter of interest, do they have all your documentation, as I think they're compelled to gather money laundering docs (ie bills and photo id etc) if you're betting over certain amounts (of cash) - maybe it does not apply yet to bookies, but it soon will.

Because I said I was up 6,000.
    Glenbhoy wrote:
    as a matter of interest, do they have all your documentation, as I think they're compelled to gather money laundering docs (ie bills and photo id etc) if you're betting over certain amounts (of cash) -

Nope they have no i.d. although I have an account with them but do not place lage bets online I always go to the shop so the main office can confirm they will take bet.

Are you for real or just taking the piss because im just after smoking a big one, now im paranoid :(

• Advertisement

:)
    Pighead wrote:

Saturdays Accumulator:
    30 Points: Hartlepool:( , Kilmarnock:) , Scunthorpe:( , Hamburg(DNB):( @7.64/1

10 Points: Wolves@11/8:) , ArsenalHT-FT@9/5:) , Liverpool(DNB)@4/9:) , St Pauli@ 8/11:) , Kauto Star@4/7= 25/1

Good Luck To All!

Wow what an absolute shambles Bet 1 was. 3 losses out of 4 is shocking. Particularly surprised with that Scunthorpe defeat. Ince has stuck two fingers up at Pighead for the 2nd week running. Macclesfield still haven't made it onto the blacklist yet though, I'll still be taking them fcukers on in the near future.

Thankfully Bet 2 saved the day with only Wolves causing any late jitters by narrowly winning 1-0.

Points Staked: 40
    Points Returned: 260
    Profit: 220 Points

Good start to the Christmas month!

Advertisement