Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showband Called "THE MEMORIES"

Options
  • 30-11-2006 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I need some help....
    I'm looking to get a copy of a soccer song called "The Game" - it was recorded for Italia 90 by a showband called "The Memories" - and is a retake of the Billy Joel song, "we didn't start the fire" or something like that.

I had an old tape with this song on it, and I remember Black Betty was on the other side, but I can't find it anymore. i would love to be able to get a copy of this song again.....

anyone have any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

it was called were gonna start the fire
    didnt know it was by the memories, they were still going up until recently and possibly still are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

I need some help....
    I'm looking to get a copy of a soccer song called "The Game" - it was recorded for Italia 90 by a showband called "The Memories" - and is a retake of the Billy Joel song, "we didn't start the fire" or something like that.

I had an old tape with this song on it, and I remember Black Betty was on the other side, but I can't find it anymore. i would love to be able to get a copy of this song again.....

anyone have any ideas???
    Try: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Memories
    The words of the song are there - That version was called "The Game"
    Jim.
    Also: www.irish-showbands.com/Bands/memories.htm

Advertisement