Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With 24 Question

Options
  • 30-11-2006 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Ok a freind of mine is huge into 24, she has seasons 1 and 2 and 3 on dvd and is watching episodes whenever she has the free time.

I havent seen 24 and dont plan on watching it either, ive always thought of 24 (and 2 other shows) as being my "fallback" or "emergency" shows.

Things to watch if there ever comes a time when all my faverate shows are finished or not on or whatever.

She was trying to convince me to borrow the DVDs from here at christmass and i havent decided cause there is allot to drink around then.

Anyway my question is if i do watch 24 do i watch it bit by bit over a few weeks or do u watch all 5 seasons in the space of 2 or 3 weeks and just cram it all in get all the goodness you can?

How sShould One Watch 24 For The 1st Time? 14 votes

Dont Watch It! Wait Till The End Of The Last Season Then Watch EVery Single Episode
    0% 0 votes
    Watch The 5 Seasons Now Back 2 Back
    14% 2 votes
    Watch The 5 Seasons Now But Over A Couple Of Weeks
    57% 8 votes
    Keep 24 As Emergency Show For When I Have Nothing Left
    28% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,388 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

when i first started watching the dvds i planned on watching one ep a night or so - but then when each ep ended i couldn't wait to see what happened next so i ended up watching 3 eps a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

User45701 wrote:
    "fallback" or "emergency" shows.

Jack Bauer would kick your ass for saying that

Best to get your hands on dvds and watch it when you feel like it, but by all means lock yourself in a dark room and watch all the episodes back to back, david blaine would be proud ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

You will get addicted to 24, so you will have to watch every episode back to back. Once you see one episode you will want to see the next. It is one of the best shows on TV at the moment.

I am planning to watch 4 episodes of the next series back to back rather then watching them on Sky or RTE (A year later :mad: ) but want to keep up.

AFAIK 24 will be on the air until 2009 and a movie spin off is also planned. :)

I would suggest watching each series every day for 5 days. spread it out.

But imagine a week of 24 :)

It's going to be one long week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 phit_demon

Elmo wrote:
    It's going to be one long week :)
    *adopts Kiefer's throaty, husky demeanour*

the longest week of her life...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Welcome along to the forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

same..........
    i say start at beginning,you shall get maximum satifaction
    and if you dont like the 1st season[the best season] you properly wont like thw show

• Registered Users Posts: 23 phit_demon

Sparky-s wrote:
    Welcome along to the forums.
    Why thank you, good sir. I'm still getting used to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I know a lot of people like watching it 1 day or over a weekend but I personally could never do that. I did it differantly, even though I owned the dvd or video of a season, I would still watch 1 episode per week, people found that odd but it worked for me.
    I can't imagine you doing that, so an episode per day would probably be good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I know a lot of people like watching it 1 day or over a weekend but I personally could never do that. I did it differantly, even though I owned the dvd or video of a season, I would still watch 1 episode per week, people found that odd but it worked for me.
    I can't imagine you doing that, so an episode per day would probably be good as well.

There is no way you could stop at episode one and wait a whole 24 hours to see the next episode its far too good.

You must be some kind of self-control freak. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Elmo wrote:
    There is no way you could stop at episode one and wait a whole 24 hours to see the next episode its far too good.

You must be some kind of self-control freak. :D

I didn't, I waited 168 hours :)

and yes it was a part test in self control but I thought it was worth it in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

well me i think ive decicided to wait till 24 gets cancelled and then go for them all take time off work get a mate who like me is waiting till its over then we can watch all the seasons back to back.

Now that season 6 is back up and this forum has more traffic i would be interested to see how the poll goes

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Well, I watched the first 4 series in under 3 weeks and I got totally addicted.

Advertisement