Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Writing Job Opening - Life as a Marketing Assassin

Options
  • 30-11-2006 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I'm looking to spice up a business marketing manual and turn it into a more interesting read by adding a bit of a creative writing slant to it so I'm looking to hire someone that would like todevelop the theme of life as a Marketing Hitman, a gun for hire, a Ninja like Assassin that makes use of the Internet to knock off competitors at will. :cool:

I'd like to expand upon this theme a bit and incorporate some ancient warrior logic gleamed from Sun Tzu's "Art of War" and elements like this.

Would anyone here like to explore their conciousness and their darkside by delving a bit deeper into the realm of those licensed to kill hitmen?

If you're interested or you know anyone that fits the bill or have any suggestions you can contact me via PM

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Wasn't the Art of War revised recently by some business author? Not sure if it focused on marketing, but I remember going through a Barnes & Noble bookstore and seeing this revision a few months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 KIRBEC

You're right the "Art of War" was definitely revamped by at least one author recently.

Respected copy writer Dan Lok released his version not so long ago.

---

With regard to the book I'm working on:

It's a manual that deals specifically with PPC (pay per click) and Affiliate Marketing by offering up advanced tactics for using these medium to generate greater profits. So I got to thinking that it could be made into a far more interesting read if a bit of a creative element was added and it would definitely stand out from the crowd a whole lot better too.

I'm thinking along the lines of a diary format that discloses the methods a lone agent uses to effectively wage war on any entity that's foolish enough to try and take his top spots on PPC search listings.

It starts off with what's motivated him into taking action. What's pissed him off enough to single out his new competitor and what will drive him on to finish off the job. It then follows how he uses espionage techniques (market research and competitive analysis) to first learn minute details about his enemy before making alliances with his enemies partners (affiliate schemes and corporate partnerships) and then follows along as he unleashes his barrage of weapons (marketing tactics) on their turf.:D

Well something along those lines...

Sun Tzu has many great quotes like the following that can be used to set the tone and mental attitude that's to be bestowed in the Book.

“Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never be in peril. When you are ignorant of the enemy, but know yourself, your chances of winning or losing are equal. If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain in every battle to be in peril."

" Those skilled in war subdue the enemy without battle ... . They conquer by strategy. So the greatest conqueror is he who overcomes the enemy without a blow. Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

“If an enemy has alliances, the problem is grave and the enemy's position strong; if he has no alliances, the problem is minor and the enemy's position weak."

“In war, numbers alone confer no advantage. In conflict, straightforward actions generally lead to engagement, surprising actions generally lead to victory. When the enemy is relaxed, make them toil. When full, starve them. When settled, make them move."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

hyperbole has become the mainstay of advertisment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 KIRBEC

So you think this would just add to the hyperbole or perhaps be a welcome relief - a bit of comic relief even?

Advertisement