Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berketex - Follow up to Wedding Dress Problems

Options
  • 30-11-2006 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

I made a number of posts in July/August about problems my duaghter had with a wedding dress ordered from Berketex in Ilac Centre - (posts still on the board).

After a long struggle we eventually have been given a refund of 50% of the cost of the dress.

However, all the things i said about poor service, could not care attitude, staff not knowing or caring what other staff were doing etc. are still there.

The manager in UK who deals with complaints used the following to justify drees not being there when it should have been
    • Dress was faulty (do they not have any quality control)
    • Language problems with dress maker so his staff did not fully understand what was said (they have BIG problems here)
    • Difficulty with deliveries
    • Staff too busy to answer phone calls when promised because he was out sick (what do they do if he has holidays!)
    • He stated that we had been offered 20% refund but then quoted that in sterling. (Sterling is almost 1.5 times the value of the euro and he did not seem aware that we used euro in Dublin)
    I have never seen so many excuses written down which all point to extremely bad management practises.

I would still advise people to NOT buy from Berketex

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭taibhse

Oh my God still months later you're on boards complaining.
    You got your dress, the wedding went ahead and you got compensation get over it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

taibhse wrote:
    Oh my God still months later you're on boards complaining.
    You got your dress, the wedding went ahead and you got compensation get over it!!

I think posts like the OP's are very informative for future brides and might actually force bad companies to pull their socks up and sort out their absolutely rubbish service. Nobody wants hassle with something like their wedding dress - an extremely important buy for a bride. Don't we all want to look our best on our wedding day and nobody wants hassle leading up to any big event let alone a wedding. Perhaps taibhse you work for the company or know someone who does?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 stinkybum

Thanks for that post salfordia.. i just made an appointment to see dresses there but i think i'll just use them for advice.
    Cheers for that !!!

Advertisement