Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate:SGA - 3X12: Echoes [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 29-11-2006 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

So here's the poll on it. Good bad, meh? Apologies for misspelling of Echoes in the poll question.:o

What Did You Think of Stargate: Atlantis - 3x12 - Echos? 12 votes

At last Atlantis is at an Amazing Instance
    0% 0 votes
    Good - Still a worthy sister show
    16% 2 votes
    Average - So I know I'll Forget It
    41% 5 votes
    Poor - The show goes from bad to worse
    41% 5 votes
    Awful - Why is this still running ?
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I thought this was very average - nothing really to complain about, but nothing really interresting either. I think the whole ghosts thing never really worked - it wasn't scary and it felt a little tired. The reason for it, the whales, was at least a bit better but I never got caught up in the story. McKay and Sheppard were good as usual though.

Oh and the Ronan/Teylo thing? Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Shockingly average in every sense of the word, never got bored but the episode didtn really grip me either, I imagine Ill have forgotten it by next week. Tought McKay was quite week this tiem around, especially because there was quite a bit of him, Shepperd was good though. Second the Ronan Tyla thing, boring as sin, but there were only really 3 scene's of it, so its forgivable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Good filler episode overall but could of done with less Ronan + Tela as if I wanted to watch such wooden performances Id tune in to Pat Kenny ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

I didnt think it was great, a real filler. Is it just me or does it seem that the ancients picked a really cr@p planjet to settle on, like come on, its subject to massive storms and blast of plasma from its sun!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

cotwold wrote:
    I didnt think it was great, a real filler. Is it just me or does it seem that the ancients picked a really cr@p planjet to settle on, like come on, its subject to massive storms and blast of plasma from its sun!!!!!

Not really, they may seem like problems to us but to the ancients they were easily dealt with and so they probably didn't bother them at all.

As for the episode... it was okay I suppose. As soon as we learned about the plasma blast thing though I was convinced the only solution would be to use the 3 ZPMs in some way that would deplete them all. Nice to see they didn't do this (for once).

Am I still the only one that wants to know what happened the ancient ship from two episodes ago? Come on, they didn't take it back to Atlantis, does that mean it is still floating in space where they found the ancients?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

its still there, it has NO hyperdrive and im guessing even the asguard would have a problem installing/repairing anchient hyperdrive tech....

I suppose they could maybe spend a few days (months in real time) on the ship and spends days (months in real time) bringing the ship back to the midway space station and work on it there

Actually that is more than likly what will happen, they will keep it stationed at midway while they repair/install hyperdrive tech

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

mcgarnicle wrote:
    Am I still the only one that wants to know what happened the ancient ship from two episodes ago? Come on, they didn't take it back to Atlantis, does that mean it is still floating in space where they found the ancients?

Yeah, id love to find out what happened to that, they might bring it back when they finish work on the mid-way station and have an operational base in the void.
    User45701 wrote:
    its still there, it has NO hyperdrive and I'm guessing even the Asgard would have a problem installing/repairing ancient hyperdrive tech....
    Well, they never said it was irreparable, the ancients might have just needed resources that weren't available to them in the void.
    User45701 wrote:
    I suppose they could maybe spend a few days (months in real time) on the ship and spends days (months in real time) bringing the ship back to the midway space station and work on it there

Actually that is more than likely what will happen, they will keep it stationed at midway while they repair/install hyperdrive tech
    Eh that whole crazy time dilation thingy is turned off, they needed to in order to beam onto the Daedalus.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

User45701 wrote:

That would only apply if the ship was still travelling at the speed of light. Since the shipped stopped when they encountered the Daedalus time has also returened to normal.

Pointless fact I know but was only reading the other day that a ship at light speed could do a lap of the universe taking billions of years, yet the crew would only experience 51 yrs. Amazing.

Advertisement