Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help. Teenage angst

Options
  • 29-11-2006 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

No point lying or anything so here it goes.
    I'm a 16 year old male and TBH I have only "shifted" (God I hate that word) 2 or 3 girls but that in it's self is not worrying me. I don't think that any one should "go with" anyone just for the sake of it like.

Anywhoo I'm afraid. If the conversation suddenly turns to "So do you fancy/wanna go with X" I just freeze and get really nervous. Even if it is just my friends asking me like. I think I'm afraid of one "shift" turning into a full blown relationship which I don't really want at the moment tbh. I can talk away to girls but I think when the conversation turns to shifting etc. I just feel really uncomfortable.

Also, my bhoy (willy) ;)
    I was circumsised when I was younger due to medical reasons. My penis is only 5.5 inches fully erect :( I'm afraid that a girl will laugh or something if one thing leads to another....Do you think that I have a little more growing in me? to do?
    Are fella's supposed to have a hard on when they are just shifting a girl like or what cus that is something I'm not sure about either.

Please please help.

(If this is in the wrong forum please dont move to the sex forum because I can't see it there :( )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

duuuuuuuude.

It's like reading a post from me, 16 years ago. So listen: don't worry. This is perfectly normal, all the lads go through it, and it gets waaaay easier (on one level)

I'm a 16 year old male and TBH I have only "shifted" (God I hate that word) 2 or 3 girls but that in it's self is not worrying me. I don't think that any one should "go with" anyone just for the sake of it like.

Great start - good attitude.
    Anywhoo I'm afraid. If the conversation suddenly turns to "So do you fancy/wanna go with X" I just freeze and get really nervous. Even if it is just my friends asking me like. I think I'm afraid of one "shift" turning into a full blown relationship which I don't really want at the moment tbh. I can talk away to girls but I think when the conversation turns to shifting etc. I just feel really uncomfortable.

It's horrible isn't it? It doesn't last forever, and as I said, it does get easier. There's no easy advice here, from me anyway, it's just one of those things that gets easier with time. Don't worry about girls "trapping" you into a relationship - just be yourself! be honest, don't feel under pressure to shift girls if you don't want to, and don't feel like you have to explain or apologise.
    Also, my bhoy (willy) ;)
    I was circumsised when I was younger due to medical reasons. My penis is only 5.5 inches fully erect :( I'm afraid that a girl will laugh or something if one thing leads to another....Do you think that I have a little more growing in me? to do?
    sounds about right to me - I can't promise that girls don't laugh, but if they do, it says more about them then it does about you, you know?
    Are fella's supposed to have a hard on when they are just shifting a girl like or what cus that is something I'm not sure about either.

If you are worried because you do have one, then don't. You're 16. You better get used to it ;:

If you are worried because you don't, it's your body telling you what your mind already knows - you don't want to be with the girl. Your body - your instinct - is a lot smarter than your head, learning that is a hard lesson sometimes.
    Please please help.

(If this is in the wrong forum please dont move to the sex forum because I can't see it there :( )

you know the way last month feels like in your head? thats the way 16 feels to me. Sometimes I feel like I've lived two lifetimes, but usually I'm kinda nervous about how quickly it goes. Enjoy it while it lasts and don't worry too much. I bet half the lads posting on this thread will look back on that stage of life as a kind of rite of passage that makes you a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Anyone, male or female, asks themselves the same questions and faces the same uncertainty when they're 16. Don't sweat it dude, the best is yet to come within a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

tbh just summed it up totally perfect there (Y)!

but to add onto the hard on thing I think its totally perfect.. I just met a girl and it always happens!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

damn it, i am sick of these "my dick is of avergae size", but will i be riduculed for it... do you feel inadequate? would you go up and slag off a huge percentage of the female pupulation because their tits are not of average size? who bloody cares, loose the hang up, if you said you were 4-4.5 inches id be like yeah hes got a point but you have nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

tbh hit the nail on the head OP. Thats exactly what being a teenager is like for most of us (or at least me anyway). As you get older you become more confident in yourself and in 5 or 6 years time you'll be listening to some 16 year old telling you this stuff and you'll tell him what we're telling you ...... everything you're feeling is totally normal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Worried :(

Thanks for all the above replies! And thatnk you tbh 'cause it's nice when someone breaks the post down like that.

idbatterim wrote:
    damn it, i am sick of these "my dick is of avergae size", but will i be riduculed for it...

What is the average length of a rod then?

How do you correctly measure you pen15?

About the hard on situation.....I mean like when you are kising the girl for the first time, like say at the back of the sparts hall (classy eh?) , and there are people around. Like if it was more intimate what then?

Thanks again for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Worried :( wrote:
    What is the average length of a rod then?
    Surveys differ. Roughly 6in erect is the average of the averages if you get what I mean.
    How do you correctly measure you pen15?
    You don't. The quater-inch you'll gain or lose measuring it one way or another don't mean a damn. Neither does the actual size for that matter - many people who are into men do prefer to see a larger package on offer, but really that's much more a matter of aesthetics, and given that in most social situations it's the part of you that gets appraised last in weighing up how dishy someone it's therefore less important than eyes, bone structure, muscle tone, and how you carry yourself - and that's just taking the other physical features into account.

Hence the correct way to measure it is not to bother.

If you can find it, it's big enough, so relax.
    About the hard on situation.....I mean like when you are kising the girl for the first time, like say at the back of the sparts hall (classy eh?) , and there are people around. Like if it was more intimate what then?
    If you can get a hard-on when you want to make use of it (which from what you've said would so far mean to masturbate) then you don't have any problem with it.

Now when you're young you're more likely to get a hard-on from just kissing someone. When you're older you generally get a bit more self-control, though if one's lucky there'll still be occasions in one's life that lead to one thinking "gosh, I feel like a teenager - oh, down there feels like a teenager too!".

So, as long as you can get it up when you need to use it, don't worry either way about what happens when you're kissing (yeah, I could never understand the word "shift" either, even "snog" is better - it may be a rather crude term but it doesn't sound like something you do to half a dozen televisions that fell of the back of a lorry).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

Also, my bhoy (willy) ;)

Please please help.

Any girl who laughs at u is a complete bitch.Your only 16 you have plenty of growing left to do-And if ur worried about a shift turning into a full blown relationship just say you dont wanna meet em or u dont fancy em-Simple as that!

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Mate, that a perfectly normal amount of girls to have been with. I was very shy around girls when I was 16 but things got a lot easier as I got older. Remember, a lot of the girls you meet are probably just as shy as you but trying to hide it.

Any girl that laughs at anything about you simply isn't worth the candle. You'll appreciate this as you get older.

Also plenty of people that I know are circumcised. Nothing strange there.

As for getting a hard on when shifting? Jaysus, I got them when slow dancing at school discos (ask the other ol fellas what they are ;) ), sitting on the bus and just daydreaming in class :D

In short, I cannot express how much you have nothing to worry about although I can appreciate that it seems overwhelming at the moment.

Take it from me and the other posters here. We've been that age (listen to the ol fella :D ) and most people felt the same.
    Also, my bhoy (willy) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

I think you'll find that most people your age are in the same position, but are probably better at disguising their feelings.
    I don't mean that in a bad way. Your feelings are normal, it's just that young guys feel they have to out on this bravado image and never discuss things like this in case they feel inadequate around friends.
    It's all part of growing up!
    Just think, the girl you are with, is probably in the same boat, but is not admitting it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Please please help.

Advice? Get over yourself. You're sixteen FFS. Whatever you're mates *tell* you they are up to with women, it stands to reason they are not. My 19yo nephew constantly tells me about the amount of women he has shágged but denies the number or tells me I am full of shíte when one of his mates are around.

I have shagged what I would regard as a reasonable number yet to some others, that number qualifies me to have fúcked everything with a pulse. Fúck what anyone else thinks about the amount of women you "should" have shifted.

Long and short- I am twice your age and was round about where you are (save for all the díck stuff) at the same time. You have approx 49yrs left before you need drugs to get a horn, so dont stress it. Enjoy it.

K-

• Registered Users Posts: 16,001 ✭✭✭✭event

Kell wrote:
    Advice? Get over yourself. You're sixteen FFS. Whatever you're mates *tell* you they are up to with women, it stands to reason they are not. My 19yo nephew constantly tells me about the amount of women he has shágged but denies the number or tells me I am full of shíte when one of his mates are around.

I have shagged what I would regard as a reasonable number yet to some others, that number qualifies me to have fúcked everything with a pulse. Fúck what anyone else thinks about the amount of women you "should" have shifted.

Long and short- I am twice your age and was round about where you are (save for all the díck stuff) at the same time. You have approx 49yrs left before you need drugs to get a horn, so dont stress it. Enjoy it.

K-

man are you cool

no need to tell him to get over himself, he is just 16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭letterman

you are 16, the girls are 16. Both of you are not exactly sluts or horndogs.Relax. Things happen as and when they should. Most girls your age won't really have too much expereience either so the size of your tackle is not going to be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

event wrote:
    man are you cool

?
    event wrote:
    no need to tell him to get over himself, he is just 16

Theres every need. There are things to worry about when you are sixteen. How many people you have shifted doesnt fit the "worry" category.

K-

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shib

Hi,

Have a look at this:

http://www.villagevoice.com/people/0645,savage,74948,24.html

Very interesting columist (mostly focusing on sex). This column is specifically about the penis size thing.

5.5 in is well within the norm for size, basically. Technique is much much more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

DUDE i read the first message in this topic and it frightened me seriously its like reading a message ive considered posting here but chickened out, i respect you loads for posting that (whoever you are:p )

Advertisement