Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sex&erections

Options
  • 29-11-2006 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been posting here a while now, going unreg for this because friends now my username.

Basically I've been going out with a girl for over 2 months now. Im still a virgin, she's not. I've never been in a mad rush to have sex but i like this person a lot and trust her a lot. So far we've tried to have sex about 4 or maybe 5 times. Every time ive lost my erection as soon as i've tried to put a condom on.

Its obviously bothering me and that in itself cant be helping, but i've tried it when we were both sober and it hasnt helped.

So I'm just wondering if anybody has any suggestions or advice?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Practice.
    Buy a big box and practice putting them on and having a **** while wearing one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

try go to your gp, he/she might be able to help solve this problem

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

It seems to be a common enough problem
    like thaed says, practice

and when you're with her again, maybe try getting her to help
    could be fun...?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thaedydal wrote:
    Practice.
    Buy a big box and practice putting them on and having a **** while wearing one.
    Hehe. And the boards "Advice of the year" award goes to....

Yeah I second that. It seems to be a psychological problem. Now when you take out the box of condoms suddenly its a pressure situation and you start to panic and lose it. Its something that should go away once you get a bit more practice putting one on. If the problem is directly related to the condom use there are alternative methods of contraception too, though I dont think one that offers as much protection as the condom.
    Also, you could involve the girl in this problem. There are flavoured condoms also. Perhaps if you lost your erection your girlfriend would have a clue of how to bring it back with those?
    Most important is to relax and not worry so much about it. Worry will lose your erection faster than a tin foil condom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

yeah - and if you struggle putting it on - laugh! break the tension nice and early and it'll get easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'my exboyfriend had the same kind of problem ad always just stopped and handed the condom to me since day one. never bothered me, although guys i've slept with since are a bit surprised that i go ahead and start putting the condom on them myself - i guess it became a reflex!'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

It could be that you need to buy larger condoms.

If they are too tight ... they can get in the way.

Some people I know would say: Try getting stoned also.

Advertisement