Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grotesque, bizarre etc. etc.

Options
  • 29-11-2006 11:42am

Crowd down from Cork staying a small town in South Kerry last weekend. For a 'joke', one of them paid for a black midget actor to come over from London and dress as a leprechaun. Cost 2k.

Now I don't want to get all bleeding heart about the thing, and I believe that what people do with their own money is their business. I think the Celtic Tiger was the best thing since sliced bread and have no difficulty withmaterialism. But this has got to be a record low in offensive vulgarity. It is offensive on so many levels I don't know where to start. I don't know was the colour of his skin or his height of more amusement to them. But either way, there are a lot of people who could do with 2k in the run up to Christmas. It is materialism to the point of depravity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

It is materialism to the point of depravity.

Did they get to keep him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Was he forced to do it?
    He was an actor, acting. Whats the problem?
    Agreed that €2000 was crazy money, He deserved €5000.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

To be honest if the actor was willing to accept the money and the people were willing to spend the money, and all parties were willing participants - Then I see no problem.
    True it is rather reckless squandering but at the end of the day it is their money and they are entitled to spend it how they wish, regardless of how ridiculous it seems to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Crowd down from Cork staying a small town in South Kerry last weekend. For a 'joke', one of them paid for a black midget actor to come over from London and dress as a leprechaun.
    And then what? Did he just stand there while they looked at him for a bit or did they get to f*ck him?

Was he forced to do it?

Not at all. Like a prostitute who will submit to increased humiliation in return for more money. That doesn't mean the actions of the fat businessman working her over are fine though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

There's a severe lack of Leprechaun's in that area anyway. I don't see the problem with importing them.

Now all they need to do is get them to breed and we'll have the Leprechaun population back to full strength again, like it was before the great Leprechaun cull in 1589.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

And then what? Did he just stand there while they looked at him for a bit or did they get to f*ck him?

lol............That was funny

But seriusly, what did they do with him?

LIke, did he just get them drinks, sing songs

Or

did they get to f*ck him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

god damn black leprechauns, comin over here, taking our crocks of gold and out lucky charms, go back to Wales you little bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

They're all after our lucky charms :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

@ monkeyfudge...brilliant :D
    @ OP, you didn't answer the monkey's question! :mad:

To answer your question, I have no problem with an actor agreeing to portray a leprachaun, after all, look at Mini-me and Oompa-loompas...

I have a big problem with someone paying €2000 just for this. I know it's their money, they have it to spend etc. but that is an offensive waste of money to me. :( It's just wrong. Why not give it to someone who really needs it...or failing that, me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

r3nu4l wrote:

To answer your question, I have no problem with an actor agreeing to portray a leprachaun, after all, look at Mini-me and Oompa-loompas...

I have a big problem with someone paying €2000 just for this. I know it's their money, they have it to spend etc. but that is an offensive waste of money to me. :( It's just wrong. Why not give it to someone who really needs it...or failing that, me :)

Get a life you sad bstard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

ferdi wrote:
    god damn black leprechauns, comin over here, taking our crocks of gold and out lucky charms, go back to Wales you little bastards!

LOL :D Takin our leprechaun jobs, stealin our leprechaun wimmins!!

Its about as grotesque as the average joe goin out spening €300 every weekend gettin bladdered.

I find this story to be mildly amusing. 7/10 :cool: (edit - and thats final :p )
    hallelujah wrote:

A bit uncalled for tbh. Off to the bold corner with you!

Are you smoking crack? Its at least an 8!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

worry about your own finances instead of others. so what if they paid 2 grand for a midget actor. how much did the guy who played mini me get?

hallelujah wrote:

Hee hee, when I saw this in my email I thought it was directed at the OP and was going to report it for personal abuse...attack the post not the poster hallelujah.

I won't bother reporting a personal attack on me because your opinion doesn't matter to me. :) I'll leave it to the mods...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

money++ sense--

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

r3nu4l wrote:

I'm sure the actor needed the money as well....

Whatever someone does with their own money is their own business, after all, the money doesn't disappear, but gets redistributed to other people, who will go off and do whatever they want to do with it and so on and so on.

Now the guy who paid for it is an idiot, but i'm sure the actor was fine with accepting payment from an idiot.

I was reading in The Economist last week that the cost of getting midgets of African descent to play the role of leprechauns for miscellaneous purposes is going to triple over the next year. So this was a wise financial move on their part.

Its more of an investment if you think about it...

astrofool wrote:
    I'm sure the actor needed the money as well....

Touché Sir :) and a point well made
    astrofool wrote:
    Whatever someone does with their own money is their own business

That's why I said "I know it's their money, they have it to spend etc"
    astrofool wrote:
    ...after all, the money doesn't disappear, but gets redistributed to other people, who will go off and do whatever they want to do with it and so on and so on.

That is very true, good point.
    astrofool wrote:
    Now the guy who paid for it is an idiot, but i'm sure the actor was fine with accepting payment from an idiot.
    As would I :D

At the end of the day, I just think that this is a waste of money but then again, the actor needs to make a living! I just hope that this guy is equally as generous when it comes to people who really need the money that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

hallelujah wrote:

Now, now Ted. We don't take kindly to abuse around here, don't bother your arsh posting here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

in fairness lepreachans and midgets actors havnt exactly an awful lot of range of roles they can take up, he was just getting practice in for being an elf with christmas season coming along....what roles can they play? im sure theres a comic book hero midget story somewhere that can be made into a spiderman type franchise??!! "Umpa-Lumpa Man to the rescue!.......Give me a leg up and at them!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Jaysus r3nu4l, enough with the reporting, we arent in national school ffs.

As for the actor, theres a million and one who have either made a career being small or else a large amount of the humour in stuff theyve starred in has regarded their size. Gary Coleman, Ronnie Corbett, David Jason in Only Fools, Mini Me from AP, loads of em.

Tom Cruise has also done well for himself.

Advertisement