Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grant & work placement

Options
  • 29-11-2006 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Ok, I've read some of the links in the stickys for grants but can't find my situation there, so hopefully someone here can give me some advice.

I'm studying full time in Finland and recieve a grant from my local VEC/council back in Tralee. Normally my cheque is posted to my international office here and I lodge it myself. Last week I was given work and project placement in Switzerland by my college. I will be getting a 500€ per month grant from the institute Im going to (CERN in Geneva), but Im told its not enough to live on in that city. My international office has refused to forward my cheque onto me, or my parents in Ireland or to lodge it into my finnish account. So I'm not sure what to do now, Im going to ring the VEC to try and work it out but should I ask them to;
    Transfer it to my finnish account? (in Ireland they always sent it to my Irish account when I used to study in Tralee)
    Send it to me in Geneva?
    Send it to my parents in Tralee?

Has anyone been in this situation before? I'm worried that they will cancel my grant despite the fact that i'll not really be earning that much, should I just mention the project side of what Im doing (its going to count as my final project/thesis and work placement)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Ok it turns out that as long as its part of my coursework then its ok, the VEC will send my cheque either to myself in Geneva or to my parents in Tralee, I just need to get a letter from my school confirming the situation.

Advertisement