Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why he cut me off like that???

Options
  • 28-11-2006 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK basically ive known this guy for nearly 4 years-We were friends 1st and then he told me hed fallen i n love with me-I was shocked!Then the more I hung around with him the more i started developing feelings for him too-We ended up dating for 3 months.I ended it because he was a compulsive liar-He lied about everything!Since then we have remained friends and I have gotten serious with my current BF!!

About a month ago me and my Bf broke up-Only for a few days cos we were fighting NON STOP and needed a break from each other!My ex was thrilled to hear this-Suggested we go out on a night out-Have some fun etc!I said no cuz i was too depressed!

Anyway basically my BF and I ended up sorting stuff out!But since then my ex has been V weird with me-Wont answer my calls or messages-Deleated me from MSN and Bebo-Then 2 days ago text me outta the blue asking how i was!

I have not answered him cos I donno what to think!My bf said he might be pissed cos i got back with him and needed some time to think- but I donno!Hes a gr8 mate and I love him to bits but I donno why he cut me off like that!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

well, lets see, he's in love with you!!!!!!!!!!

How do you think he feels seeing you with your current bf? If i were him i'd want to cut contact too, otherwise he'll never move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

He is probably in bits, still in love with you and probably a bit confused. It might be best to give him some space for a while, I think he may feel that the only way for you to be happy is to be with him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

From the way you describe it, your ex is still in love with you. So his reaction seems normal? Give him a little space, resume your friendship when he is ready, but don't give him any false hopes for the future? You have a b/f, but you still want his friendship.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'
    LundiMardi wrote:
    well, lets see, he's in love with you!!!!!!!!!!

How do you think he feels seeing you with your current bf? If i were him i'd want to cut contact too, otherwise he'll never move on.

we broke up over 2 years ago he has had tonnes of women since then-Theres no way he can still be in love with me'

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

He appears to still have feelings for you, I do not think that you ever get over some people and this is what appears to have happened here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

poppiooooo wrote:
    we broke up over 2 years ago he has had tonnes of women since then-Theres no way he can still be in love with me

Being with other women doesn't really prove anything. He could easily be with someone else and still have feelings for you.

Anyway, my guess is that he had a relapse. You had a serious boyfriend, so he put you out of his mind. You broke up, something reignited. Bad timing. Now he has to get over it again.

My advice, reply to his question - make sure you tell him everything is good, you don't need any kind of emotional support - and then ask him why he deleted you from MSN and Bebo.

Advertisement