Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planar Chaor (spoiler warning)

Options
  • 28-11-2006 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

I must say i think Planar Chaos looks rather sizzling from what i've seen so far (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=54790)

I think it'd be pretty hard not to be excited about the new evil akroma, although she's probably going to be totally neutered. Also looking forward to many other warped legends (Ixidor especially). Black counterspell? Sounds good to me. all in all, a nice sounding taster from the set that is traditionally the weakest of a block.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Hmm another expansion i hope it will be good. I guess Feb is some way off still but it wont be long coming around.

Its just around the cornor and im looking forward to it. And the black wrath of god will go down well with me. I just love playing black but of late have not been using it that offten. But with this new card things will change. Think about it have 4 black/white wrath of gods =8 cards. Prob a bit to much overkill but it be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

I'm personally looking forward to teching out my black aggro deck with Temporal Extortion and Dash Hopes. Tomb of Yawgmoth is also a subtly powerful card.

When will i be able to get my hands on these cards does anyone know ?

The prerelease is on the weekend of Jan 20th/21st and you can get a small amount of product by participating. You won't be able to buy it in the shops until it goes on street release on Feb 2nd

• Advertisement

Where is the pre release been held in ireland ?
    Time date would be good also if you have that info.
    Thanks

There will be a total of 3 prereleases in ireland:

Galway
    20th Jan
    Mary Street Bridge Club
    Start at 11.30
    Cost €25

Dublin
    20th Jan
    Royal Dublin Hotel (i think)
    Registration opens at 10am
    Tournament starts at 11am
    Cost €25

Dublin
    21st Jan
    Wynn's Hotel
    Registration and price as before

Those are what have been announced so far as far as i'm aware. In all cases, entry gets you a Time Spiral tournament pack, 3 Planar Chaos booster and a premium prerelease card.

Correction - Prerelease on sunday is also in the royal dublin hotel on O'Connell Street.

Yeah i got a text about it.
    I wont be going to this as i find spending 4hours or more in the bus each way a bit of a nightmare. Train prob would be better but anywanys not this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Marshall Zhukov

Anyone know if there'll be Planer Choas Release Tournments in Ireland? On Magicthegathering.com it only says North America at the moment.

• Advertisement

If you read 4 posts above this post you will c that they were held in Galway and Dublin. Both last weekend.

If you read two posts above this you will c that I said RELEASE, not PRE-release:D

On the weekend of the Planer Chaos Release (I think it's Feb 4th or there abouts) there are a few tournments in North America, I'm wondering if there will be any on this side of the pond.

Try http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/release/planarchaos-uk

There is 4 down at the bottom of the page. I know in waterford the comXshop is going to have fat packs and bossters that weekend also. But im not sure if there will be any compatition.

On the link i porvided you can give the shops a ring.
    I hope that is more helpfull

I acctually just say that and came here to post it. Thanks. It must have gone up only recently as they only had North America a few days back.
    Limrick would be handy for me but it's on the same day as the 2 headed Giant PTQ in Dublin. I'm hoping to go to them for the craic so all my trouble looking for Release days is for nought!

The DCI tournment locator shows that there was a pre-release in Cork as well. I was thinking of going to Galway but it was too far, if I knew they had one in Cork I would have gone in a minute! Kind of ennoying.

www.warpcon.com "in cork"
    Are having something on this very weekend. It be close to me but i just cant find the time to head down. It wont have the new cards but it still could be fun. Some day i will go to one of these tournaments.

Advertisement