Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Psychotherapy Courses

• 28-11-2006 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi guys - I've done an exhaustive search on google for courses, but not quite finding the ones I'm looking for (but naturally enough I'm not entirely sure on that either!).

So, with that I'm looking for part-time (evenings and/or weekends) courses in Psychotherapy or alternatively part-time MSC in same - if you happen to know any outthere. I've heard of a few but interweb not working with me today!!

I found one from the counselling college (based in NUI and other places) but not quite applicable as I'm not looking for 2nd degree (they run BSC over 4 years).

Thanks guys for your help...
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

A friend of mine has been doing exactly the type of course you're describing for the last couple of years at this place, and she seems quite pleased with the quality of it:

Lankford Counselling & Guidance Bureau, Cork
    t: 00 353 214 341 032
    e: lankford@indigo.ie

As far as I know, the course is based on this training program: http://www.counsellingtraining.com/home.html but you might want to check that with them. You should also be able to find other places its run in Ireland from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

thanks lil ms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Yellow belly

The Irish Institute of Counselling and Psychotherapy Studies do a Graduate Diploma/MSc in counselling and psychotherapy which runs at weekends. It's a four-year course that's accredited through DCU...

If you're interested I think you need to apply early next year with interviews normally taking place around April.

You can download info/application form here - http://www.turningpoint.ie/tp_training_prof.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

thank you very much for the pointer there!

Advertisement