Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Internships/Co-op

Options
  • 28-11-2006 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Was just curious what it is like for university students in Ireland to get summer internships. Im asking in this forum also because UL has an international exchange agreement with my school (Wilfrid Laurier University in Canada). I spend every summer in Dublin but this year, as per the requirements of my Canadian university program, I have to find an internship in a business related field. I'd really like to stay in Dublin but there just doesnt look like alot of availability on alot of job websites (monster.ie, irishjobs.ie, etc.). Anyone know anywhere that hires students for the summer (May-August). I am not looking to be named CEO of eircom but I would definately need a position in a disciplinary such as accounting, marketing, or finance. I am in the 2nd year of a 4 year accounting degree and have experience as an Accounts Assistant as well as the fact as I will be starting to work in a bank from January-April. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

talk to your career department in ul they may help you out... Lots of places recruiting students at the moment. Better get in there fast, or look at companies u'd be interested in and ring them. Throw in your cv and u might hear back

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭chubba1984

If you're lookin for something in the accounting field and trying to stay in dublin, apply for one of the summer internships with the BIG4 firms. Deloitte, Ernst & Young, KPMG and PricewaterhouseCoopers are all located in Dublin City Centre and take on interns every summer. You should probably apply directly to their HR departments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭youthacademy

www.ul.ie/careers as skud says contact them. maybe you shouldn't use that alias when doing so

Advertisement