Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chances of being pregnant?

Options
  • 27-11-2006 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

My bf & I were having sex on Sat night.
    I am on the pill.
    I take it at the exact same time every day & never miss a day.
    We also used a condom.
    I had my period last week, so if the 1st day of your period is treated as the 1st day of your cycle, I was on day 6. (I know you're normally most fertile at around day 14.)

Anyway,
    When my bf pulled out after we were finished, he noticed the outside of the condom was very wet. I later realised that I too was V wet & there was still a lot of fluid seeping from me the next morning (sorry for being so gross)

My bf checked the condom, there was still a lot of semen inside the condom & it didn't seem to be split.
    When he was pulling out of me, he held the condom in place & it also hadn't rolled down his penis during the act.
    We stopped pretty much as soon as he came, so it wasn't like the semen was being forced out the sides of the condom.

Anyone any experience of this, or any ideas what you think happened.
    Going from everything I told you, I think the chances of me getting pregnant from that are very slim.
    Just wondering if you think the same.

I'm 27 & of the frame of mind that "what will be will be", so I'm not rushing out to get morning after pill or anything like that. I'm not panicking. If it has happened then so be it.

But just wondering if you also think it's very unlikely I'm pregnant.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What eactly to you mean by very wet ?

If you are on the pill; taking it correctly and using condom correctly it is mean to be damn near impossilbe that you will become pregnant, but it is not 100% effective all of the time.

IT sounds like you took all the precautions you would need not to get preganant.

Now as for that 'wetness' it could just be your vaginas natural lube or it could be that you have an infectio or thrush, I would suggest going to your gp if you find it to be a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

sounds to me like u were just very very wet, therefore aroused, so i dont see any problems. he obviously just hit the right spots that night, and with the precautions you take, the chance of you being pregnant is astronomical

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No,
    I don't believe i have an infection or anything.
    We have sex often & it's never like that.
    We had sex the night before & it was normal, nothing like that.

When I say wet, I mean, I do think it was my bf's semen, but I've no idea how it got there!!
    (no smart jokes!!! I know how it could've gotten there, but with the description I gave above, I'm not sure how it actually did.)
    Wet as in how semen feels.
    The next morn as I walked to the bathroom, more trickled out of me, as gravity took hold, again this felt & looked like semen, but it's a strange one.

I've often been well lubricated, but nothing like this.
    I've never had a female ejaculation & it didn't feel like I had one that night either. (No offence to my bf!!!)

To have that much (what I reckon is semen) inside me, you'd imagine there'd have to have been a pretty obvious tear on the condom, but there wasn't, & it looked to have the normal amount of semen in it also, so I'm just a little puzzled!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Aoife-FM104

You're on the pill, you used a condom (as you say, it seemed OK), you were on day 6 of your cycle...

I seriously seriously seriously doubt you're going to get pregnant!

Relax... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

'Oopsies', first of all from what you've described the chances of you being pregnant are obviously very very slim so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Even if some semen did leak unbeknownst to you both the pill is a highly effective contraceptive (moreso than condoms) so you should still be fine. Unless it becomes a problem that you are producing excessive and unusually thick vaginal fluid (which might indicate a minor infection) then you really don't have much to worry about. See what happens next time you have sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

you sound as if you were being pretty safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

i wouldn't worry about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

correct me if Im wrong here...but there is IMHO quite a diffrence in the feeling of womens wetness and semen....surley you would be able to tell the differance??
    But IMO youd have better odds on winning euromillions TWICE than being preggers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sounds like you are really playing it safe. But if you are worried, see your GP about the new condition?

Advertisement