Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex is gonna get hurt by new girl

Options
  • 26-11-2006 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have these two friends, Pete and Chris. One of Pete's college friends started kissing Chris and he fell for her, turns out she wasn't into him at all but she kept leading him on before she started seeing someone else and Chris was badly hurt. Now her boyfriend has dumped her and she has started texting Chris again and they met up a few nights last week and got together and now Chris thinks they're official and the girl is telling Pete she's still not that into him, that he's just a bit of fun. Pete has had it out with this girl who basically told him to f*** off and mind his own business. Then he came to me and I said to chat to Chris who ended up saying he's never felt this way about anyone and after hearing this Pete didn't have the heart to tell him of the girls intentions. Pete keeps asking me to help because I used to go out with Chris and he thinks he'll listen to me, I really don't want him to get hurt again but I'm afraid of saying anything incase Chris thinks I'm just a jealous ex, which I admit I am, but i accept that Chris doesn't feel the same way and I just want him to be happy. I've met this girl on numerous occasions, she ain't good enough for him. How can Pete and I ensure it doesn't end in tears???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is not really up to you to interfere in this, regardless of what this girl is like. Chris is going to have to find out for himself, you won't be there everytime it happens to hold his hand. What do you mean "not good enough for him"?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cocopops

Well the fact that she was leading him on the first time for a start. She doesn't meet him half way, he always does the running. She is so ungrateful and on Friday night she sat back while he bought every round of drink. She's bossy ('go get my coat') and inconsiderate and everything is always done on her terms. He's a carpet and she's walking all over him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Chris will have to stand up to her at the end of the day though. I would tell Chris what you just posted a few minutes ago but make sure its with the right intentions, you don't want to split them up, you care for him right? It looks like a one sided relationship to me and it won't last, if he doesn't listen at least you will know you tried. Then just let him be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

cocopops wrote:
    I really don't want him to get hurt again but I'm afraid of saying anything incase Chris thinks I'm just a jealous ex, which I admit I am
    Doesn't this exclude you being the one to jump in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Let it got if you still care about him ... anything you do will only push them closer together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

its not your relationship keep out of it
    I really don't want him to get hurt again but I'm afraid of saying anything incase Chris thinks I'm just a jealous ex, which I admit I am, but i accept that Chris doesn't feel the same way and I just want him to be happy.

if you meddle in his relationship 'chris' will only resent you for it.
    Pete has had it out with this girl who basically told him to f*** off and mind his own business.
    seems like good advice to me.
    How can Pete and I ensure it doesn't end in tears???
    you cant
    if the two of you appear to be 'ganging up' against this girl ye're the ones who'll look like the bad guys. theres two people in the 'relationship' its between them.
    keep out of it, its really none of your business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

That woman's a butch, but only Chris can get rid of her.

Advertisement