Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plywood

Options
  • 26-11-2006 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I'm planning on starting on a router project from a set of US plans and its listing Birch plywood (cabinet grade), AC plywood, 4/4 oak and lauan plywood.

Are these easily available ? For example I'm based in co. galway so would I get these in Brooks ? or are they a speciality timber and therfore cost more.

Thanks in advance !
    GM.

P.S. I know the Galway Advertiser listed a new place in Liosban Ind Estate than cut timer to size - anyone know the name of the place ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭carpainter

gallantman wrote:
    I'm planning on starting on a router project from a set of US plans and its listing Birch plywood (cabinet grade), AC plywood, 4/4 oak and lauan plywood.

Are these easily available ? For example I'm based in co. galway so would I get these in Brooks ? or are they a speciality timber and therfore cost more.

Thanks in advance !
    GM.

P.S. I know the Galway Advertiser listed a new place in Liosban Ind Estate than cut timer to size - anyone know the name of the place ?

I don't think you're going to find this stuff at your local Brooks, especially birch ply in cabinet quality- you really have to go to a dedicated timer importer or someone like Noyeks or The Panelling Centre I'd say.

Advertisement