Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unnessessary stress?

Options
  • 26-11-2006 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, I'll just get straight to the point. I'm wondering i'm stressing out unnessessarily?

Had sex on friday night twice (with the same girl obviously). I only had one condom so i used that the first time, no problems.
    About a half an hour later the urge came back so i wiped myself down well and re-entered. I knew that i'd empty so i went ahead again. I didnt come (2nd time) but i'm just wondering is there a high possibility of sperm still being live/active that was on my shaft from the first time?
    Thanks for the feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

It is possible to get a girl pregnant ANY time you have sex without a condom, regardless if you think your empty or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Sperm can live outside the body for the order of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Annie Bananie

Even if you didnt come the 2nd time, still drops of fluid that contains sperm can have leaked out.

Only way to not be stressed is to always wear a condom.
    Why didnt you just have oral sex insted? Much safer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Yes, you can repopulate the earth with such practices. And without protection, you can also pass on STD to her, or you can receive them yourself. If you are responsible, you will get yourself checked out before being with another girl. HIV is not your worst concern. Hepetitus C will kill you or her a lot faster. I hope this got your attention, cause it's no laughing matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'd consider that stress completely necessary and don't be surprised (if she isn't on the pill or still possibly if she is) that she comes back and tells you shes pregnant, or you've an STI etc.

Your complete and utter ignorance may have put you in a situation you don't want to be in, time will certainly tell but you've noone to blame but yourself so yeah, feel free to stress out all you like over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 CharLit

Dear OP,
    Don't EVER take this kind of risk again, and your girlfriend should get an emergency contraception ("morning after") pill NOW, while she is still within the 72 hour window of opportunity you have for that: the sooner she takes it the more effective it is, so she should get one ASAP.

I hope a little stress is all that comes from this!

C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i think everyone else has put the point across. it's quite a risk altogether. hopefully she got the morning after pill, as i know taken sooner its more effective. always use protection, though itself isn't 100% guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Medical Issue - Shouldn't be in PI imho

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

craichoe wrote:
    Disagree. My reasons? Cause people need to be REMINDED of the risks of both pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, and they come here to share and discuss personal issues, and all too often this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

craichoe wrote:
    and i have to disagree with you too. I think this is a personal issue and i don't think you have any right to act as mod especially with that post count

• Advertisement
Advertisement