Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food. Pain?

Options
  • 26-11-2006 7:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Sorry I’m not a poster here at the moment.
    But my wee sis has come in to me with a pain across her belly and her knuckles look lifeless, I don’t want to call out the doctor, she thinks it may have something to do with her weight. But she is experiencing sharp pains in her stomach and is reluctant to inform anyone about it. She hasn’t been taking any drugs. She is over weight, but has lost about two- three stone in the last 3-4 months. I was worried about the speed of it all. But she is in pain. We ate out tonight, does this sound like a food posing symptom, or just beer and a late night?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

We cannot give medical advice. She should see her GP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

We cannot give medical advice. She should see her GP?
    I understand that, thanks. I’ve told her to wake me if she feels under the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

If you are that worried take her to the nearest A&E to get checked out. No point in putting it off.
    The other option is to wait until your doctor's surgery is open and go there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

The symptoms that you are describing are extremely serious and should be checked out by a gastroenterologist imediatly. Get her GP to refer her today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Go to the GP, don't put it off as has been mentioned.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement