Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental

Options
  • 25-11-2006 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,
    I'm prob posting this in the wrong forum, not sure where I post it. I've been told that I have to get my four wisdom teeth extracted. The dentist said it'll be very expensive if I don't have medical cover. I checked out VHI and BUPA but I can't figure out which will cover the dental treatment.
    Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You'll have to declare the condition before you get cover which will up your premium a fair bit, either that or they won't cover you,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭samo

I got 3 wisdom teeth out under general anaesthetic at the Northbrook clinic in Ranalegh D6 about 4 years ago - cost me about 900 euro IIRC and you can claim some of that back for Med1 refunds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

Feck. What plan should I go with though? Does the basic one cover it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭samo

No idea on that one - I paid for mine outright - (well got a loan for it!) as like Sangre said there's minimum waiting times etc through VHI and they wont cover you for pre-existing conditions and I was in agony with them so no chance of waiting.

Should say though that its possible to get it done through the public health system but you'll be waiting a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

There is a dental forum. sci=>biology&medicine=>dental. Some dentist(s) post there i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,050 ✭✭✭✭Esel

wyndham wrote:
    There is a dental forum. sci=>biology&medicine=>dental. Some dentist(s) post there i think.

That would be http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=862

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement