Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a good chat room?

Options
  • 25-11-2006 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭

right im board.... no one on msn to talk to and im all alone :(

anyone know a good chat room... dont use them really but would at the mo... does boards have one?

also i wouldent like to join a bunch of kids if ya know what i mean...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

What are your intentions young man?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Try the virtual irish pub. www.vip.ie

Don't use it anymore myself but used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Blasted interferring mods...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Binomate wrote:
    What are your intentions young man?
    a chat....anything really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Spin chat is pretty good just google "spin chat" and you'll get it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

The Boards IRC channel... cook up a storm and annoy [strike]Karoma[/strike] somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

how do i get on this boards irc channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Download mIRC or something similar for IRC. Info here at Quakenet which has a few Irish based chats I think. Check the help section there for commands zee loike. I don't know who owns the unofficial boards irc channel now,¬.¬ the offical one was shut down long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You'll also need to register an auth and stuff before you can join. Sounds like too much effort, doesn't it OP? Try kangochat or something (If it still exists)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Tried this a couple of times. Gave it up after a few days as there seemed to be no control over people staying on topic, that was a while back though.

You dont need to register, just log on as guest

http://www.icq.com/icqchat/chatroom.php?c_id=11

Found it a bit of a bore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

try
    http://www.ukchatterbox.co.uk

amazingly there is a dublin room there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Humour chat on TCN (although slower than chat networks, fun!). Find out who the Lusty Ladies are, and a cast of others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Humour chat on TCN (although slower than chat networks, fun!). Find out who the Lusty Ladies are, and a cast of others.
    In fairness, you'd have to be fairly desperate to talk to someone to wander down that road... :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

#boards on quakenet, for all your fine timber needs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

rb_ie wrote:
    In fairness, you'd have to be fairly desperate to talk to someone to wander down that road... :p
    Desperate or Craic Desperadoes? Now, that's not the rb_ie I've seen posted on boards! You almost appear shy by your comment? Or is it coy?:D* (loads super soaker squirt gun with OJ and holds at ready)

*TCN as a chat beats spending hour after hour watching telly reruns or sitting in a pub or club getting repeatedly drunk and approaching the "desperation hour" before close?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Desperate or Craic Desperadoes? Now, that's not the rb_ie I've seen posted on boards! You almost appear shy by your comment? Or is it coy?:D* (loads super soaker squirt gun with OJ and holds at ready)

Shy?!Me?!Nevarr! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement