Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Should I have Done?

Options
  • 25-11-2006 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So as I'm making my way about college this afternoon and this girl catches my attention! She was a little thing, cute and quirky! There was something about her as I watched her walking along she seemed so care free and perfect. And I know there's not mush you can tell but I had a feeling
    She was wearing this cute jumper with clouds and everything about her screamed my perfect girl! As I watched her walk on I wanted to do something but what?

I'm pretty outgoing guy most of the time I've no problem chatting away to girls in social setting but what should I have done here? approach this girl in the middle of the day as a complete stranger? Would she have found this weird? I just hope I see her again but what can I do should that happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭purplekitty

oh gosh!!! just pick up your confidence and go talk to her. he's not gonna be taken aback by it or find i weird unless like ya jump out at her from behind a tree waving a chainsaw *(note: don't do this, girls dont respond well to heart attacks)*. anyway... just like say, you ever see her in the canteen or on campus just walk by and say hi and stuff first, and if your too shy to start conversing straight away or if she seems a little flustered then a smile and a walk away is all thats its gonna take for the first time.

then maybe the second time she'll reconguise you and say hi first... ya know...

maybe she's noticed you too but if ya feel that kinda of connection with her then dont let it go...

good luck:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

ah! this sort of thing happens to all of us. i have to admit the first few hours afterwards you are kicking yourself and demanding everyone you meet, 'what should you have done?!!!'. it hit me bad the summer before last... guy on a bus, came to sit right next to me and i couldn't push myself to say anything! though, in all fairness, he came and sat next me in, on this fairly empty bus, and didn't say anything himself. and when i got off and looked back to where he was sitting he was grinning at me! of course i returned the smile, but it was such a missed opertunity!... oh, the possibilities!!! i'd say, in future, smile!! then ask a random question... i dunno! perhaps directions??? or where they got such and such that they are wearing? or perhaps the nearest place to eat..... ohhhhh depends on the situation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

smile and say something!

she might think you're a weirdo, or she might be totally flattered (i know i would be!!!) and start chatting.

you could start a conversation over something silly, say you think her jumper is really cute or you had to come and talk to her cause she looked so happy or something. it doesn't have to be long, just long enough so she knows your face and will recognise you again. then disappear mysteriously! or not, best she knows your name!

seriously, give it a go, whats the worst that can happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't think you have anything to lose by saying anything. Tell her you thought her jumper was funneh or something. :) The worst someone could do would be just to ignore you. Don't be afraid to say hi, ask directions is a good way of doing it ("ah I was just thinking that, mind if I walk with you?"). Good luck in the future.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

"Hi" you said.

"Hi" she said.

"Nice jumper" you said.

"Thanks" she said.

"Oh, I see you're headed towards the Student Union?" you said.

"Yes" she said.

"Mind if I join you?" you said.

(Get the picture?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

"Hi" you said.

"Hi" she said.

"Nice jumper" you said.

"Thanks" she said.

"Oh, I see you're headed towards the Student Union?" you said.

"Yes" she said.

"Mind if I join you?" you said.

(Get the picture?)

Hey Blue Lagoon you wanna dance:)

Advertisement