Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is It The Flu?

Options
  • 24-11-2006 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Ho Folks,

First off I'm not looking for medical advice.

I'm pondering whether or not I should go to the doctor today as I don't feel the may west. My heart feels like it's racing, I'm cold and tired feel a little bit quesy?! I went to bad last night after finishing stock taking in work but got up again after about 30 minutes as I couldn't sleep as it felt like my heart was racing and I felt a little like throwing up- though only very slightly. I stayed up most of the night and things seemed to settle down. I went to bed eventually at 8am this morning and was back up at 10:30am.

In work now and not feeling the best, heart racing I think, feeling a little quesy and tired.

I was grand during the start of the week, but after coming to the shop I reckon I've caught something as several of the guys here have something. It didn't help that I was working in very dusty and cramped conditions all week!

So what does anyone think, just the flu? Should I just keep going and take a Lempsip or should I splash out the best part of €100 on a visit to the doctors and most likely pharmacy!

My apologies B if this is the wrong forum. I didn't think it would be suitable in After Hours and I didn't think Fitness would be appropriate either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Well, the reply you should expect is 'this is not a medical board', but for an oppinion, I reckon see what the guys in work do, if they go to the doctor what happens? Are they over it fairly quick? What did they take/do to help cure it?

I reckon you're better off going to the doc, but if you're hesitant about splashing out I say take a day or two off from work..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

eo980 wrote:
    First off I'm not looking for medical advice.

Well, in fairness now eo, you are looking for medical advice.
    We have no clue if it's the flu or not, us not being doctors an' all.

I'm afraid, if you are feeling that bad, it's better you get yourself checked by the doctor, that's all the advice any of us can give you.
    Your health is worth €50 no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Id go to the Dr OP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement