Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go with her?

Options
  • 24-11-2006 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm 20 yo male living in dublin. planning to ask this girl out. where do you think we should go given that it's winter, other than ice skating?

thanks folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

how about comedy?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

gigs, comedy nights, plays, cinema, bowling, museum, walk in the park, dinner...

The list is kinda endless, what's she in to?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Dinner and a movie? Theatre for play? Student night at The Big Tree? Got any idea what she likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That laughter lounge place never been but heard it gas. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Going to the cinema/ theater on a first date is a bad idea.Think about it: you are going out with the person to get to know them a bit better. That's not possible when you're sitting in front of a screen/ stage for a couple of hours not conversing.

Pick a nice restaurant and treat her to the meal and some wine. If nothing else, the meal will be a talking point. Remember to chew with your mouth closed, though. After the dinner you can then go out for a couple of drinks or go to something like the laughter lounge as has been suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Id really reccomend going to the hapenny lounge comedy night on the wedesday evening. Its a really small intimate place and the comedy is so bad that you are just bound to have a good laugh with whoever you go with .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Make sure it involves drinking some alcohol anyway, will relax and loosen up both of you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

ah, sure with dinner you gotta hope she isn't vegetarian or vegan! some restaurants aren't so accomadating!! perhaps she could suggest her favourite place to eat? i'm sure she wouldnt mind the question.

though, with dinner you still have those moments while your both trying to eat, and silence must occur. i'd say a walk sounds better. perhaps pick up food (like at those markets) as you walk? gives you plenty time to talk :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

you are lucky your in dublin. loads of things to do. so many gigs comedy etc, maybe find out what she likes or maybe you know all ready. ask casaully like when ye are talking about music etc. one of the last people is right about not going to the cinema. its a lazy thing to do especially on first date. end da night with a few scubs in a pub.

i noticed u aint too keen on da ice skating in smithfield. i never did it, but think about it everyone will be falling on their arses and prob making any an arse of themselves. but if neither of ye take things seriously and can take the piss outta of yer selves, well at least ye have something to talk and laugh about later in da pub. not every day ya can do something like that. any way good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Why no ice skating? Go and have a chat while clinging to the sides like everybody else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

ah, sure with dinner you gotta hope she isn't vegetarian or vegan! some restaurants aren't so accomadating!! perhaps she could suggest her favourite place to eat? i'm sure she wouldnt mind the question.
    We're both vegetarians. :)

I'm averse to going for dinner though, it is expensive.
    though, with dinner you still have those moments while your both trying to eat, and silence must occur. i'd say a walk sounds better. perhaps pick up food (like at those markets) as you walk? gives you plenty time to talk :D
    Walking would normally be my first choice, but *looks at the weather outside*
    Alter-Ego wrote:
    Why no ice skating? Go and have a chat while clinging to the sides like everybody else.
    I'm not averse to ice-skating. I actually quite like it. Just that was what I had already thought of.

Still, I can't believe someone suggested the cinema... that's just stupid.
    panda100 wrote:
    Id really reccomend going to the hapenny lounge comedy night on the wedesday evening. Its a really small intimate place and the comedy is so bad that you are just bound to have a good laugh with whoever you go with .
    Thanks, this sounds like a good suggestion. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Advertisement