Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footie betting 25th, 26th nov

Options
  • 23-11-2006 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

My selection for this weekend with pp:

Liverpool v Man City
    25th of November 2006 3:00pm
    Liverpool @ 4 - 9

Hibernian v Celtic
    26th of November 2006 2:00pm
    Celtic @ 8 - 15

Lyon v Auxerre
    26th of November 2006 8:00pm
    Lyon @ 3 - 10

Charlton v Everton
    25th of November 2006 12:45pm
    Everton @ 7 - 5

Bolton v Arsenal
    25th of November 2006 5:15pm
    Arsenal @ evens

Werder Bremen v Arminia Bielefeld
    25th of November 2006 2:30pm
    Werder Bremen @ 4 - 9

AC Milan v Messina
    25th of November 2006 7:30pm
    AC Milan @ 1 - 4

Bet Type: Accumulator (7)
    Stake per Line: €2.00
    Number of Lines: 1
    Stake: €2.00
    Tax: 0.0
    Potential Returns: €49.91

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Gonna try these 4

Aston Villa v Middlesbrough

Home win for me 5-6 :eek: (Great Price)

Fulham v Reading

Fulham to win 11-10

Liverpool v Man City

On paper liverpool should win. 4-9

Gretna V Partick

Gretna to win 4-7

7.74/1

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Hi all,

Let's all try to put the midweek European fixtures behind us because tbh they were a complete disaster.

Moving onwards lets have a peak at this weekends fixture list:

Saturday, 25 November 2006
    Aston Villa v Middlesbrough
    Bolton v Arsenal
    Charlton v Everton
    Fulham v Reading
    Liverpool v Man City
    West Ham v Sheff Utd

Sunday, 26 November 2006
    Man Utd v Chelsea
    Newcastle v Portsmouth
    Tottenham v Wigan

My Pick will be a Draw No Bet Treble consisting of:

Everton @ 5 - 6
    Reading @ 11 - 8
    Arsenal @ 2 - 5

€1 returns €6.10

Good Luck

Q

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

quazzy wrote:
    Arsenal @ 2 - 5

Given Arsenal record v Bolton and the fact that it's in the Reebok that price is a disgrace. I'm sure there's much better odds than that available. What a ripoff :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Given Arsenal record v Bolton and the fact that it's in the Reebok that price is a disgrace. I'm sure there's much better odds than that available. What a ripoff :mad:

And if you bet just to win the odds are evens

Sounds a bit dodgy alrite but hey i've made the bet already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

quazzy wrote:
    And if you bet just to win the odds are evens

Sounds a bit dodgy alrite but hey i've made the bet already.

Ah! Completely missed the DNB bit!

I fancy Arsenal to win at the Reebok tomorrow anyway. Come on you gooners!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

No way. I would avoid this game at all costs. Bolton will bully arsenal off the park.

Peterborough v Torquay Home win 8/13
    Dumbarton v Elgin Home win 4/9
    Morton v Cowdenbeath Home win 4/9
    Glentoran v Glenavon Home win 3/10
    Nice v Sedan Home win 8/11
    Atletico Madrid v Sociedad Home win 4/11
    Preston v Crystal Palace Home win 4/6

16/1 or thereabouts. Throw your loose change on this bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Thats why betfair is so popular - seems like a big lay to me (if it's anywhere near that price).

Ah, me too - in fact, I think I'll read the whole thread prior to posting from now on!

Ah, me too - in fact, I think I'll read the whole thread prior to posting from now on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jimmiskip

Going Liverpool, Villa, Southampton & Dumbarton gets you about 6.5/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

You gotta love the Saturday Whopper coupon. Its like being in Charlies Chocolate Factory. Loads of delicious treats everywhere. Just a matter of rooting out the sour balls from the sweet sweet candy. Anyway hopefully we can improve on the Midweek show.

Fulham V Reading @11/10-- I expect Fulham to bounce back from last weeks defeat away to Man City. Michael Brown comes back into the side and he will make a difference. Colemans team have this excellent ability to bounce back after a defeat as shown a few weeks ago when they lost at home to Wigan and came out the next week to defeat Everton away. They're recent form isn't too bad and they've lost just twice in 7. Reading have had a cracking season so far but their away form has been patchy and they've lost their last 3 on the road. Obviously this is a risky play but ayt 11/10 Pighead can't resist!

Dumbarton V Elgin@ 2/5-- Elgins last 9 aways read W0 D1 L8. That tells its own story. Dumbarton are in good form and their recent record reads W6 D1 L2. They've already played Elgin away this season and won 2-0.

Stockport V Macclesfield @4/6-- Much was made of the arrival of Paul Ince but in truth apart from one decent Fa Cup result against Walsall things haven't really improved. They still haven't won a league game all season and they still lie rooted to the table. Their recent league results read W0 D2 L5. Stockport s recent League form has seen them shoot up the table and they lie just outside the playoffs. They've won 4 and drawn 2 of their last 6. I think Macclesfields woes shall continue today. Sorry Guvnor!

Oxford V Tamworth @1/3-- Top of the conference plays 20th here. Oxford will want to bounce back from last weeks away defeat to high flying Gravesend. Tamworth have one just once away all season. Hopefully this will be a comfy home win.

Saturdays Sweet Selections:
    30 Points: Fulham, Dumbarton, Stockport, Australia @5.6/1

10 Points: Gent@11/10, Dumbarton, Australia(1-3), Ireland (-17)@10/11, Dundalk V Waterford to draw@21/10--22/1

Good Luck to all.

EDIT: Mr zabbo has convinced Pighead that the Aussies look a cracking bet today. Hes very convincing that chap! Anyway I've decided to stick them in instead of Oxford. It sounds like a safer bet to be honest. Same Price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Pighead wrote:

Stockport V Macclesfield @4/6-- Much was made of the arrival of Paul Ince but in truth apart from one decent Fa Cup result against Walsall things haven't really improved. They still haven't won a league game all season and they still lie rooted to the table. Their recent league results read W0 D2 L5. Stockport s recent League form has seen them shoot up the table and they lie just outside the playoffs. They've won 4 and drawn 2 of their last 6. I think Macclesfields woes shall continue today. Sorry Guvnor!

very true pighead,county are the in form team in the division i`ve got them in a acc aswell,theres only one tiny negitive,its a derby match so bragging rights are at stake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I'm having Villa today. Boro are poor at home and worse away.

I'm also having Derby and Southampon.

Over 2.5 goals for Southampton and Gretna.

Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Accum

L'pool
    Norwich
    Gretna
    N. Forest
    Stockport
    Dumbarton

Didnt get a chance to go in2 bookies so imaginary money 2day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm on for an 11/1 ACC.

Hertha - Won
    Bremen - Won
    Liverpool - Winning 1-0
    West Ham - Winning 1-0
    Morton - Winning 1-0
    East Fife - Winning 2-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I had 15/16 on an acca last night, poxy Atlético Madrid let me down, should have layed off. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

eirebhoy wrote:
    I'm on for an 11/1 ACC.

Hertha - Won
    Bremen - Won
    Liverpool - Winning 1-0
    West Ham - Winning 1-0
    Morton - Winning 1-0
    East Fife - Winning 2-0

Congrats. From what I can see this is a winner.

Pighead wrote:

Saturdays Sweet Selections:
    30 Points: Fulham:( , Dumbarton:) , Stockport:( , Australia:) @5.6/1

10 Points: Gent@11/10:) , Dumbarton:) , Australia(1-3):) , Ireland (-17)@10/11, Dundalk V Waterford to draw@21/10:( :) --22/1

Good Luck to all.
    Bet 1 was over after 10 mins when Ian Pearce the wally gave away a penalty and got himself sent off. Stockport would have let it down anyway as they could only draw with Macclesfield. Pighead will definitely be taking on Macclesfield again next week as they had 3 serious injuries during the match and their already threadbare squad is in trouble.

Bet 2 was agonisingly close with Dundalks late late winner against Waterford spoiling a nice 22/1 accumulator from coming in. Cheered for joy as the goal went in, then I remembered I had the game down for a draw and immediately ceased cheering. Hopefully the goal wasn't in vain though and the FAI see sense and promote Dundalk to the top league. Any other decision will be plain WRONG!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

DonJose wrote:
    Congrats. From what I can see this is a winner.
    Cheers, I only had a fiver on them but I'm now up to a decent figure. I stuck that €55 on a PSV, Benfica double which returned €92. The €92 then went on to Spurs and got €162 back. I put all that on a Lyon, Porto double and got it up to €323. It might aswell have been a 64/1 accumulator. :) I'm gonna put that €320 on one more bet though. If I lose I lose nothing really as I don't treat that €320 as money while it's in my account. :)

eirebhoy wrote:
    If I lose I lose nothing really as I don't treat that €320 as money while it's in my account. :)
    Indeed, it only becomes money when the wife/gf/partner is wearing it - and even then tis only fleeting!!

Not gonna start a new thread for this as its only a single low stakes bet. I reckon Burton striker Clare is a decent price tonight for anytime goalscorer. Hes 6/4 and hes won the Conference golden boot 2 seasons running. He didn't play last time and they missed him badly going down 3-0. He has an average of a goal every 2 games and considering its a home match and hes coming back fresh the 6/4 seems like decent value.

20 Points: Clare to score anytime@6/4
    3 Points: Clare to score 1st and Burton to win 1-0@25/1
    2 Points: Clare to score 1st and Burton to win 2-1@28/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i've taken overs, i dunno why really. Its gonna end 0-0.

burton one up,corbett with the goal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

2 singles on Burton and Braga wins for me.

Pighead wrote:

20 Points: Clare to score anytime@6/4:(
    3 Points: Clare to score 1st and Burton to win 1-0@25/1:(
    2 Points: Clare to score 1st and Burton to win 2-1@28/1:(

Ah Cloughie ya big eejit, you took of my man! How is Pighead meant to get his bets up if you're at that messing. Bah, Burton 1-0 up with 10 mins left. Clare off the pitch so I'm pretty sure this bet won't win!

Points Staked:25
    Loss:25 Points

watford v sheffield utd

young to score first and watford to win 2-1...40-1

county wrote:
    watford v sheffield utd

young to score first and watford to win 2-1...40-1

young is out sick so my bet is void,i will put something on the game but will rethink my options as watford have a string of injures according to sky sports news

edit/D Francis to get the first and a watford 2-1 win,60-1

• Advertisement
Advertisement