Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need English stamps Urgently!

Options
  • 23-11-2006 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

Hi

I need to send a SAE to England today at 3:30
    But i need a couple of English stamps to put on it so that it can be sent from england back to here.

If anyone knows where i can get them or has any that i can buy please contact me asap.

Im in Clontarf working until 5.

edit: Are stamps in NI the same as England or are they regionalised

Cheers

Kevin

Note to mod: I'm not sure what forum to class this one in, move if you can find a more appropriate one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

You can buy and print your stamps direct from Royal Mail here and either print it onto the envelope or else onto a small sticker. There is an expiry date so check it out. You would also need a credit card or 3V virtual credit card to be able to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Sounded great until i read the small print:

The ‘Post by’ date is always the next working day after the day you make your Online Postage purchase. After this, your postage will not be valid.

So in my case by the time they send it back it would be invalid -

thanks anyway good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

GO to the post office they have a thingy there that will sort you out, It's like an international postage stamp.

Went to the PO this morn but they said they don't do them any more due to lack of demand - Think I'll just stick in a tenner and explain.....

If you didn't need them urgently I could have sent you some.... but meh

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestions and offers everyone I just sent the postage cost - hopefully they have a good heart :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭letterman

what you are looking for is an International Reply coupon, Don't know if they are still available though. Ring the office before you go.

letterman wrote:
    what you are looking for is an International Reply coupon, Don't know if they are still available though. Ring the office before you go.

That's what I suggested.... they didn't have any apparently .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

isn't there a "European Stamp"?

if not, there should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Postage for a standard letter to Ireland is 44p, so if you put a tenner in you're rather over compensating.

• Advertisement
Advertisement