Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refugee claiming benefits and disabilty etc whilst working cash in hand,who deals wit

Options
  • 23-11-2006 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

i have come across an african refugee who has a weight problem which has put strain on his disabled knee causing him to need an operation costing the state nearly €10000. This guy has claimed for last 4 years for housing,disabilty allowance, medical the whole works. however over the past year he has been working cash in hand making over €250 a week cash in hand from dodgy employer. So my guess is that this guy receives something like €1200per month in benefits and now a further €1000 a nice untaxed total of €2200 per month. how very nice of Ireland to show such sympathy to a suffering refugee.This makes me sick and I`m sure I am not the only one so I want to know what to do about this as if nobody stands up to stop it then well you can see where i am going.
    So what say you all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

i say you need to get rough, tony soprano style............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

This makes me sick and I`m sure I am not the only one so I want to know what to do about this as if nobody stands up to stop it then well you can see where i am going.
    So what say you all?

Contact the social welfare. The fact he is a refugee is pretty irrelevent. He's cheating the system. If he's resident in Ireland he is entitled to medical care. Would you grass this person up if he was Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I would. If he's a refugee he shouldn't be working so should be reported.

Although the whole story seems very suspect if you ask me. Especially with the "I guess".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

This thread should be locked.

Advertisement