Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UEFA Cup

Options
  • 23-11-2006 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Its been a bad week in Europe for Pighead with losses on Tuesday and Wednesday. Hopefully we can get a few quid back tonight. Uefa Cup getting down to the nitty gritty now so most teams are putting out strong sides tonight.

Fenerbache V Palermo:@5/6. After their meek surrender to Newcastle last time out I have to go against Palermo tonight. It seems they're not taking this competition too seriously. They've left some important players out of the squad for tonights match as they see Sundays match with Inter as the big game. Fenerbahce must win after losing their opening game. Their domestic form is decent as well(W4 D2). Their last 3 homes read 4-1 4-1 and 2-0. Home win for me.

Newcastle V Celta Vigo(Draw No Bet)@5/4: Celta are a decent side and in the past month they've beaten Deportivo Valencia and Real Madrid. After a bad start to the league they have risen to 11th place. Having drawn their opening match with Frankfurt they could do with a win tonight. Newcastle have an injury crisis with Damien Duff and Craig Moore (hamstring)
    Stephen Carr (foot), Celestine Babayaro (groin), Olivier Bernard (hip), Shola Ameobi (hip) all out. Reckon Celta might nick this one. Taking DNB to be safe.

PSG V Hapoel Tel Aviv:@4/9--PSG have named virtually their strongest team for tonight.They lie 3rd in the group having played just 1 game, a win would put them in a great position to qualify and at the same time more or less eliminate Tel Aviv.

Thursdays Bets:
    25 Points:Fenerbahce, Celta(DNB), PSG=5/1
    10 Points: PSG(-1)@13/10, Celta(+1)@4/7, Fenerbahce, Maccabi Haifi@6/5=13.6/1

Good Luck to All.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

im having one bet tonight, on espanyol

not exactly a working mans price but the 1/2 on betfair will do me nicely

the words bomb and proof come to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

After Palermo against newcastle last time i aint touching this event seriously. so its a mini mugg for me.

Celta @2.90
    Fener @ 1.90
    PSG @ 1.40
    first play run in the chiefs game @ 1.62
    Over 38.5 in cowboys match @ 1.90

25/1 or so. Goodluck.

PSG 2 down after 6 minutes, great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

PSG haven't read the scripts. Losing 2-0 after 6 minutes.

Celta 1-0 after 9.

• Advertisement

I've gone for ambitious bets tonight.

Rangers to draw. Newcastle to draw. Blackburn to draw. Treble.

PSG. Spurs. Parma. Treble.

I don't hold much hope.

Rangers now losing 2-1 and I think PSG have scored....EDIT: They have...I was watching the Betfair market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

spurs 1 up

Eventful night...think I better open up a bottle for myself. Rangers now drawing 2-2 and Parma having gone a goal down, are now drawing and PSG are now 2-2. It's mental how quick and on the ball the betfair punters are tonight.

managed to get psg when they were 2-1 down, just got out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

just thrown a tenner on spurs and newcastle to draw,about eights with PP

Blow the whistle now and my 3 draws bet is up. If only eh... PSG losing again. Cracker of a game.

PSG losing 4-2. Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

ive just stuck a fiver on PSG to win this game

Can't see it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Where you watching match?

5 euro down the swanton lakicus

looking good for those 3 draws Fade2Black!!!!

Not anymore. I interested to see who'd ruin it for me.....Thanks Newcastle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

mdwexford wrote:
    im having one bet tonight, on espanyol

not exactly a working mans price but the 1/2 on betfair will do me nicely

the words bomb and proof come to mind

Nice one hope you won a nice few pound.

fade2black wrote:
    Not anymore. I interested to see who'd ruin it for me.....Thanks Newcastle.

Theres always 1 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Just did Sevilla tonight, and left it at that. Happy enough. :)

Theres always 1 :(

Always. Think I heard someone after time then but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead wrote:

Thursdays Bets:
    25 Points:Fenerbahce:) , Celta(DNB):( , PSG:( =5/1
    10 Points: PSG(-1)@13/10:( , Celta(+1)@4/7:( , Fenerbahce:) , Maccabi Haifi@6/5:) =13.6/1

Good Luck to All.
    Oh my word, 1 out of 3! Thats kinda embarrasing. Next time I'm gonna do a Bateman and post me picks after the matches. Can't believe i didn't think of it earlier.

Shocking result for PSG tonight. Going 2 goals down once is bad enough, but twice!? Looks like PSG are gonna be joining MK Dons on Pigheads hitlist.(Although after last seasons game against Marseilles ballboys they really should have been there already)

I was thinking the exact same thing. That's twice I've bet on PSG and twice I wished I'd watched Eastenders instead. (I think i was the omnibus episode for the last game)

fade2black wrote:
    I was thinking the exact same thing. That's twice I've bet on PSG and twice I wished I'd watched Eastenders instead. (I think i was the omnibus episode for the last game)
    Aye would have been alright, it was a bleak Sunday afternoon when they fcuked me over last time. Think it would have been circa the Mitchell Brothers returning to the square storylines. Anyway, horribly unlucky tonight fade. Damn those Newcastleonians!

I'm well used to it Pighead. I knew one of them would score it was just a matter of which one. The typical gambler thoughts are going through my head now though...why didn't I put Fenerbache in instead of PSG.....

We're a miserable lot, never happy and forever asking ourselves silly questions. Even when we win its "For fcuk sake why didn't I put more on it" or when our girlfriends find 6 month old dockets full of losing dockets from Ludlow and Wolverhampton its "Ah jesus, why the fcuk didn't I wash me jeans this year".

Pigheads New Year Resolution is to become The Happy Gambler.

lol

Touche, is all I'll say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Nice one hope you won a nice few pound.

cheers

nothing life changing but not too bad either :D

• Advertisement

After Palermo against newcastle last time i aint touching this event seriously. so its a mini mugg for me.

Celta @2.90 :(
    Fener @ 1.90 :)
    PSG @ 1.40 :(
    first play run in the chiefs game @ 1.62 :)
    Over 38.5 in cowboys match @ 1.90 :)

25/1 or so. Goodluck.

Close but no ciggar. Thank god Newcastle pulled it off. If it had just of been PSG i would of been a very unhappy camper.

Advertisement