Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

condoms and the pill

Options
  • 22-11-2006 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

just wondering,im thinkin of goin on the pill for the first time just for 2 months maybe as im ready to have sex with this guy ive been seeing before he moves away to america. Now im scared ****less of getting pregnant so thats why im going on the pill,and will use a condom too of course.but was just wondering if the condom broke will i be covered by the pill incase an accident does happen?ill only have been on the pill for 3 weeks before we have sex.I know it takes maybe a month or two for the pill to fully work so theres no more need of a condom,but i intend on using one,thanks for your help,i cant talk to my family because we are muslim and they disapprove :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

how about this? your on the pill, he wears a condom and dosnt cum in you, no risk of anything...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You're protected more or less straight away when you start taking the pill, and will continue to be if you take it correctly.

There's no point on going on it for two months, though, as far as I'm concerned. You'll get a prescription for 6 months from your doctor.

If you use the pill correctly, and the condom correctly, you have virtually no chance of becoming pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_contraceptive
    http://www.ifpa.ie/contraception/cp.html

if you started the pill as per the instructions that came with a packet on the first day of your period and took it everyday then you are covered after the first 7 days.

Read the instructions and talk with your dr or practic nurse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Pregnancy wise ur pretty well covered, but not STD-wise

Take the pill and get some good quality condoms

Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Faith wrote:
    You'll get a prescription for 6 months from your doctor.
    If it is your first time taking the pill a doctor should only give you a 3month prescription.

I recently changed pill and was only given a 3month prescription. I will return to the doctor give feedback on how I got on and if this is good then I will receive a 6month prescription. I recall that it was the same when I first went on the pill.

OP, and as has been said, you are still at risk from STD's

A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

b3t4 wrote:

OP, and as has been said, you are still at risk from STD's

A.

She is going on the pill and using condoms

Advertisement