Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placing a Bet now for an event in 2010?

Options
  • 22-11-2006 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Is this possible i heard that some booked will give odds on anything like what Simpson's character will be gay or other strange things?

Anyway could i place a bet now for the world cup in 2010?
    Must be some good odds cause its so far away there is no way to know what will happen?

Can i do this and if so what bookies will do it for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=show_type_by_main_market&category=SOCCER&disp_cat_id=&ev_class_id=6&id=7086

Yep you sure can, theres Paddys odds above. Ireland are 100/1 if you happen to think Steve Staunton is a modern day Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

User45701 wrote:
    Anyway could i place a bet now for the world cup in 2010?
    Must be some good odds cause its so far away there is no way to know what will happen?

ill stick my neck out and predict that brazil, argentina, england, germany and italy will be the top 5 in the betting ;)

although seeing as its "so far away" maybe things will have changed, scratch the above, i reckon a san marino/hong kong final is a cert :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Sry but do you know if its possible to make a VERY specific bet, like ireland will get to the semi finals in 2010 and then be beaten but win the 3rd place play off
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Yes it would be possible but why would you do that now 4 years away,
    you have to pay for the bet upfront (interest cost alone 10%).
    What you are asking for is odds on Ireland finishing 3rd in the 2010
    world cup finals.
    I'm sure the bookies will be licking their lips watching you writing out that bet.

Ireland to qualify alone must be about 3/1 (as you don't know who they will have been drawn against), then they would be around 66/1 to win it so to finish 3rd (which is a silly bet) as they have to finish 3rd, you should go for beaten semi finalist instead not much of a difference in odds
    but an easier bet to win, would be around 25/1.
    So I'd guess around 100/1.
    I'd love to see what odds the bookies give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

ill give you 500/1 :eek:

minimum bet of 1k though.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i like random bets there fun, what about 1014 world cup could i put a bet on that now and if so what kind of odds?

strange bets are fun cause u never know ireland could get 1 or 2 great players by 2014
    what about placing a bet on the date that a certan person will expire? im guessing thats illigal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

2014 would be crazy. The odds wouldnt be great, but the bookies mightnt be even in business by then. Too many factors which make it a waste of time.

Ireland not to quailfy to 2010 is a banker

Advertisement