Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Office Christmas party antics

Options
  • 22-11-2006 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

So, it's that season again, what kind of things happen at your office parties?

Does the office eejit photocopy his butt and 'secretly' distribute copies?

Do you tie your tie around your forehead 'Rambo'-style and dance drunkenly on the dance-floor after dinner?

Do you make it past the pre-dinner pub drinks without getting totally off your face?

About ten years ago I managed to get through dinner but was so drunk that I passed out/fell asleep on a chair in the function room afterwards. There are plenty of photos of me in compromising positions as a result :o

So what has/does happen(ed) at your parties? Share folks, share :)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Our office party is just that... a party in the office, few sandwiches brought in by O'Briens and a few bottles of wine opened the day we break up, but they usually bring us away in the Spring to hotel or somewhere for a weekend in lieu of an actual knees up...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Its just me and my lil brother working in the office (UK based company like). So I don't think our party will be anything to write home about... we might just raid the petty cash and fook off to the boozer for a coupla hours, then another coupla hours after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Shifted down 'ere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't know anyone who works for a company that actually has the christmas party *in* the office, so no photocopier type shenanigans get to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ruu wrote:
    Shifted down 'ere.

Why thank'ee kind sir :)

...hmm, wonder should I post a thread in AH whining about this? :D

I do remember my mate at the Christmas party one year deliberately acting drunk while singing at kareoke, he was purposely slurring his words, singing way off-key and stumbling around...but he tripped and almost knocked over a table of drinks...quick as you like, three doormen over to him, carted him out and wouldn't let him back in for ages...the guy doesn't even drink :D

So remember folks...let's be careful out there:)

• Advertisement

One is a dinner in a resteraunt on a resteraunt in sword's and the other is a resteraunt in baggot st called st george's!
    They are both one weekend after another starting this weekend

I get hit on by some of collegue's any time they drink so I have to stay relatively sober at the latter one!

Advertisement