Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock Reality - Have You?

Options
  • 22-11-2006 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

There seems to be a bit of momentum gathering in certain circles about a book called Unlock Reality. Some people who have (claimed) to have read it are saying that it has changed their life drastically.

Here is a quote from the bookcrossing (n. the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who then do likewise) website:

I found Unlock Reality in Primrose Hill Park. The title caught my attention straight away. I sat down and read it all in one go. This book took me on the roller-coaster ride. As I put it down, my personal view of the world and of myself started to change. A positive feeling spread through my body. This book can make anyone feel good, and open our eyes to things we just don’t notice. If you get your hands on it, highly recommended.

Anyone have an experience like this recently?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Haha what a steaming pile that quote is. I heard the book's awful - nobody read it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

"It is being prepared for world release by a group called I.S.D.T. and there is also a group trying to prevent it getting out who go by the name of The Brotherhood of the Eternal Light."

http://www.care2.com/c2c/share/sharebook/153707459

Sounds fake to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

There seems to be a lot of smoke and mirrors surrounding the whole thing. Then again it could be a well orchestrated marketing ploy to sell the book by the boatload when it is published.

Who knows...maybe someone here has come across it and is willing to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sounds a lot like a fake marketing tbh. No one has heard of the book and even causal looking turns up nothing.

I would put it at ..
    1. viral marketing for something else (maybe a movie)
    2. a fake Meme project (Somethingawful tried this as well)

Seriously when you have something that has tons of sites on something that isn't even posted as fair use quotes to the net then its scoring high on the bullsh!t-o-meter.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Many of the atheists will realise that they cannot explain away this simple fact that is right in front of their nose. Because it is happening all the time, always.

That comment alone is enough to confirm the book is a waste of good trees.

I hope you're not a shill dSTAR?
    I eat them for breakfast...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Seems a bit harsh after 381 posts!

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Book crossing is a good site and an intresting concept but I have never heard of that book tbh,

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Funny how nobody mentions the authors name.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Seems a bit harsh after 381 posts!

Nah
    Harsh would have been if I just banned first and not bothered asking the question ;)

Gordon wrote:
    Funny how nobody mentions the authors name.

Because no one knows who it is because its not on the book but somehow they magically know that it was 5 seperate people who wrote it, even though it is impossible to get a copy of the book.
    Many of the atheists will realise that they cannot explain away this simple fact that is right in front of their nose. Because it is happening all the time, always.

Big Woman: Then why are you here?

Randy: Because I got a DUI and so I'm required to attend AA meetings for two weeks. I was stupid one night and drank too much and then drove a car. That was dumb and I'm not gonna do it again.

Michael: Randy, you are powerless to make that decision. The only thing that works is the 12-step program. [points out the 12 steps] Step 1 is admitting that you are powerless to control your drinking. Only then can you move on to the other 12 steps, like, believing that only a higher power, God, makes you stop drinking. And then, turning your life over to that God and, humbly asking God to remove your weaknesses.

Randy: What wait wait, hold on. I never knew that Alcoholics Anonymous was a religious thing.

Michael: Well it's not religious. You just have to admit that there is some kind of god which has power over you and turn your life over to that god and ask him for forgiveness. That's the 12-step program, not religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kinda sounds like The Celestine Prophecy or that other one... hmmm... oh, yeah The Holy Bible :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hobbies: does AA actually have a religious side to it? o.O

oh this book... sounds like a scam thingy...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Oh, I've also heard that the book has even more impact if you hit yourself on the head with it. Several times real hard can be life changing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Beruthiel wrote:
    That comment alone is enough to confirm the book is a waste of good trees.

You eat shills for breakfest? (whatever they are)

As for the athiesm comment, I wish I was cool enough to hate the church. But then again, like 98% of people under the age of 35 it never actually had any influence, negative or otherwise, on my life, and therefore to hate it would be pointless, and so its better to be thankful that we werent around in times when it threw its weight around, rather than almost wishing it still did so we would have something to complain about.

Take note younguns.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

bluewolf wrote:

oh this book... sounds like a scam thingy...

South Park quote from Sesaon 10. Also, notice from the same episode, u can see an alien in the reflection of the car window....weird!!

oh ye, the book sounds...eh....like...OK...or crap...im not sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

shane86 wrote:
    You eat shills for breakfest? (whatever they are)

As for the athiesm comment, I wish I was cool enough to hate the church. But then again, like 98% of people under the age of 35 it never actually had any influence, negative or otherwise, on my life, and therefore to hate it would be pointless, and so its better to be thankful that we werent around in times when it threw its weight around, rather than almost wishing it still did so we would have something to complain about.

Take note younguns.....

We can do that now?! Sweet.

27% of all ferrets will choose purple Starburst over red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Beruthiel wrote:
    Not sure whether you are inferring that I am a troll or tout but the answer is NO in either case.

As far as I am concerned asking a legitimate question such as this is well within the bounds of the forum rules and I really don't know why it would cause such an aggressive and close minded reaction.

I have my doubts about this book myself for a number of different reasons but at the same time don't give much credence to other people's opinions (who have never heard of it before today) saying it is a scam!

bluewolf wrote:

Its from south park. The earlier comments on atheism reminded me of it. The is touted some kind of science thingy yet will make you religous.

The only page I can find of the book is the dali lamas picture.
    http://www.newciv.org/pic/nl/artpic/175/259/Delia_Lama_Unlockreality.jpg

and his expression is more like "wtf? You want me to read that?".

I just finished that book by Celia Ahern, A place called here
    It was one of those book's I just couldn't stop reading and I finished it in 3 day's (I only get time to read while commuting the half hour to work)

It open's your eyes as it's different to say the least which is alway's a good thing :)

And?

I doubt very much if Celia Ahern could open my eyes to her book, let alone my aspect on life! Boo Celia! Dross...

And this hasn't become a book review thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

If you want your eyes opened, read 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins. It's superb, really cuts through the bs...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

No, if you really want your eyes opened, read this!

You have to understand that it's all a metaphor denoting man's contempt for nature and the philisophical yearnings for a greater god, while it's dark undertones display man's inhumanity towards man and the inner struggle for answers we can never find!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Yeah, Shilly McShill tbh! No results on IRC book sharing, torrents or peer to peer networks. This is a nobody book!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you really want your eyes opened - set your hairdryer on max and look into the front part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Surely this is the most important book written in the last 2,000 years!

Cormic wrote:
    Surely this is the most important book written in the last 2,000 years!
    Oh... he went "there"... :(

Advertisement