Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Type 2/Standard Deck Are You Using?

Options
  • 22-11-2006 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people out there are using.

This is the one i was using about a week ago but scraped it last night to build something else.

Deck so far is

Lands

3 x Forest
    6 x Plains
    6 x Mountain
    2 x Arctic Flats
    3 x Highland Weald
    1 x Elfhame Palace
    1 x Shivan Oasis

Creatures

4 x Firemane Angel
    4 x Loxodon Hierarch
    4 x Birds Of Paradise
    4 x Watchwolf
    3 x Tamanoa ( If anyone has another one of these let me know )

Spells

4 x Seal of Fire
    4 x Lightning Helix
    4 x Sulfurous Blast
    2 x Wrath Of God
    4 x Volcanic Hammer
    2 x Barbed Lightning
    1 x Mirari

I added another 2 Wraths of god's and took out 2 spells i cant remember. But now i scraped that deck and have built a black white. Still only trying it out.

The deck above can anyone say what i should take out and add ? To make it better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

i am currently playing sizzetron.

ill post a decklist on monday since im using it in the jss.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Current decks:
    U/W Snow Control
    G/U/B Aggro control
    R/B Satanic Sligh
    Mono Black aggro

too tired to post up decklists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Post up your deck list when you can guys. I'd be very intrested to c what your using in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

The best deck i have built is ( Ok its not standard )

Lands
    14 Snow Covered Swamps
    1 Strip Mine
    4 Mishar's Factory
    2 Thawing Glaciers
    1 Lake Of The Dead

Creatures
    4 Royal Assassin
    4 Abyssal Specter
    4 Sengir Vampire
    4 Hypnotic Specter
    4 Gangrenous Zombies
    1 Knight ( Cant think of its name ).

Spells And Artifact
    2 Drain Life
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Icy Manipulator
    1 Zuran Orb
    1 Demonic Tutor
    1 Death Denied
    4 Nevinyrral's Disk

Its a good deck to use and has won about 95% of its games. Prob would get smashed against real good decks and players. But here in waterford its good.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

at the moment working on a green white blue deck

using combo of hivestone, hatchery, doublin season and slivers

using a muddle the mixture to transmute to bring out hivemind quicker as I only have one, used to use black brainspoil to transmute doubling season but I'll have to find a diferent way to draw that faster now.

At the moment Im trying to get together the best slivers, so far got white that give flanking, blue that give shadow and green that give flying. Just have to track down some more. My deck building tends to go slow as I only get cards from drafts or trades never actually buy them. Should be good when finished though I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

If i was making a sliver deck (for type 2) the best colours to go are probably red, black and green for:
    Sedge Sliver (probably the best)
    Firewake Sliver
    Gemhide Sliver
    Spined Sliver
    Two-Headed Sliver

If you wanted you could also probably put in Might sliver or bonesplitter sliver for some extra late game oomph. The tricky thing with a sliver deck is picking the right spells to back it up. Depending on your build, you might go for burn, creature destruction, mana fixing/acceleration or creature pump. Haven't tried to build a sliver deck yet (i reckon aggro is pretty dead at the moment), but a control sliver deck could work, using the blue slivers (particularly telekinetic sliver) to lock down the board. The continued existence of wrath of god irks me

Advertisement